Free Maxwell for SketchUp

Next
Hi all,

just saw this yesterday and thought this might be of interest for MoI users looking for a nice renderer:

http://www.maxwellrender.com/index.php/home/maxwell_for_sketchup

Regards
Stefan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4677.2 In reply to 4677.1 
Cool !
800 max, no Watermark and works for the free versions of Sketchup (6,7,8) !
Sufficient for Net, Forum images... :)

By David de las Casas

EDITED: 4 Nov 2011 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4677.3 In reply to 4677.1 
What is the price for this plug-in or standalone?

Why, one day, MoI couldn't allow this kind of graft.
That will be fun, no?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4677.4 In reply to 4677.3 
It's free in 800*800 "draft mode" else FullHD (1920*1080) for 95$ / 75€ more speed and normal mode!

<< Our original Maxwell Render package for $ 995- Maxwell Render Suite continues to support SketchUp via the Maxwell for Google SketchUp (Suite) plugin, which forms part of the range of free plugins available with this package. Maxwell Render Suite is the full rendering toolbox for professionals and includes features such as MultiLight, network rendering, advanced render channels, Maxwell Studio and Maxwell’s standalone materials editor.

EDITED: 4 Nov 2011 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4677.5 In reply to 4677.3 
Hi Bard,

> Why, one day, MoI couldn't allow this kind of graft.
> That will be fun, no?

It'll probably get there one day, but setting up third party developers to do detailed plug-in extensions requires a tremendous amount of support effort to help do technical documentation and also to assist the developers in working through problems and help debugging and all sorts of things like that.

So it's not an area that I'm going to focus on until I've made much more progress on just regular end-user focused features.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4677.6 In reply to 4677.4 
Hello Pilou... Thank you, but $995 it's too expensive... I have paid only $172 for the last version of STRATA CX6, a complete 3D software; & one version of BRYCE 7 is totally Free. It's that I call good prices for excellent renderings that is hard to bill a high price today.

Is somebody knows the excellent ARTLANTIS RENDER of ABVENT? For a less price, I think this renderer should to satisfy all the architects & a lot of designers. The RADIOSITY version is a little more expensive but the speed to calculate various beautiful renderings for customers, is enough surprising & that saves a lot of time (Same if, "Time is not Money & Life is Long").
I have used this software in these first versions & I keep a excellent souvenir of its quality, velocity, conviviality & its incredible choice of impeccable textures + characters, trees, plants, cars, &c, inside a 3D stage (See the example below).

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4677.7 In reply to 4677.5 
Hello Mickael,

Thanks! Yes that's sure, it's not simple to add this kind of plug-in.

I thought to one thing. Will-it be possible to add in the "View" "Lightning Options", a rendering more "Cartoon" with flat colors and cleared outlines, like in the albums of Tintin (If you know this popular comic book from Belgium)?...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4677.8 In reply to 4677.6 
Hello Bard:

i agree with you..
it depends what you want to obtain from a renderer:rapresentation or photorealism...quick computation or unbiased quality
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4677.9 In reply to 4677.8 
Hello m-dynamics,

Thank you! I never forget that any 3D rendering is always a flat 2D perspective, just an 2D image in pixels.

I use STRATA & BRYCE since a long time ago, & between a quick RAYTRACING & a very long RADIOSITY, the difference is not often useful or necessary; almost to present a project to a client, same in final or to print documents in offset. Same! I prefer a good & very fast raytracing very clean (with sharp shadows), to a calculation in radiosity that doesn't give more information, but that gone to be greedy in RAM & in time for nothing.

I remember me, at beginning, when the first Macintosh CX are arrived, we ran a calcul the friday's evening, to have one small image for Monday's morning. That was crazy! And in PHONG, I believe; because the Raytracing is arrived some years after. When I showed drafts (sketches; 1st step of one study) under Bryce, the customer thought that was executive files yet.
Otherwise, Bryce has been used often in the first 3D movies or 3D games, & for a lot of images in press, fashion, packaging and others advertisings. The quality of renderings was not bad, same with Bryce 1 (now 7). With Bryce, it's easy to make anything very fastly, but to do that you want, it's an other stuff. Yeah! And many have realized hyper realistic incredible scenes. It's pity, I don't remember the name of this fantastic first game enterely renders with Bryce, the images was breathtakingly beautiful.

Anyway, yes, it's a question of choice (we have the choice now) & also a professional expérience. But where are the customers or the companies ready to paid correctly the designers? ... hum! I would to play on Atari to space invaders! Big pixel, 8 colors, RAM 64ko, floppy disk, no 3D... But good wages, good food, full work anywhere, and low prices everywhere...
We know what we lose, not what we find.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4677.10 In reply to 4677.7 
Hi Bard,

> I thought to one thing. Will-it be possible to add in the
> "View" "Lightning Options", a rendering more "Cartoon"
> with flat colors and cleared outlines, like in the albums
> of Tintin (If you know this popular comic book from Belgium)?...

In the future I would like to add more "non photorealistic" styles, but I think it will come after some other features such as more modeling tools yet to come.

You can adjust the lighting to a custom high level to make flat colors now though actually - see here for a description on how to set that up:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3135.3

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4677.11 In reply to 4677.9 
-Bard-
I would to play on Atari to space invaders! Big pixel, 8 colors, RAM 64ko, floppy disk, no 3D... But good wages, good food, full work anywhere, and low prices everywhere...
We know what we lose, not what we find.

-------------
..wise words....
Computer games gave impulse to all....
you mentioned the past of GC,i say the future will be -REAL TIME-
V-RAY RT
I RAY (mental ray)
ARION (randomcontrol)
first needed everytime graphic cards more stronger,then they said:"why don't use this powerful GPU's to render too??",So we have render computation using both CPU-GPU
see this:
http://www.randomcontrol.com/arion
http://lumion3d.com/

this is called"progress"..even more and more..real time,realism,better than a real photo..this will be the future..this IS the future:and don't forget-FAST-..the bussiness run faster,the world run faster
how many times it can see perfect renders,especially in architectural interiors:sooo..."asepthic"..looks more like surgical rooms than living rooms or kitchens...
you see how is fast techological progress:i'd like to see same speed in the society,in civilisation,human rights...the same progress,so fast in technology,so slow in the rest of our life
i hope you'll understand what i mean,it's not a priority for me speak a better english,i use it just to learn a software or some tutorial(if i can) here, or basic speaking with someone on the net

anyway i understand your philosophy:it's coherent with the works you post in MOI-GALLERY
the renderer you use give a lot of feeling to the jewels you make..ok:not made with maxwell or fry(like me)..but give a particular photorealism..unique..
great texturing and beautyful modeling
Bravo e complimenti !
M.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4677.12 In reply to 4677.11 
Hello m-dynamics,

When I said: "I want to play on Atari", it's a joke. It's just to say all that we have lost. We say always: "To run to disaster", & not "To walk to disaster". The "speed" factor is a destructive & invasive concept. I see today, a simple Letter takes more 3 days to cover only 30 kilometers, & all the "public-services" sold & destroyed. YES! Hurrah for the PROGRESS, a POLITIC & ADVERTISERS vision of liars completely bad & stupid, without culture or knowledge of the LIVING.
A number or a numeral is not LIFE or LIVING. An IMAGE is always something FALSE or WRONG, it's never the real, the reality, the true or guenuine. Is a PHOTO the reality? NO. Do you want to pass your life like the pilots in their simulator who learn their job to avoid to kill 500 peoples at each human error? ... What world of technology could to replace in 50 years, that the NATURE has built during bimillions years? Do you think that NATURE is a binary machine made to be sucked like a marrowbone? ...
It must to listen the word "PROGRESS". They are so many great & good reasons to stop this PROGRESS. PROGRESS is a word built with "SAND" like the "SANDTONE". PROGRESS = TO PUSH or FOR SAND (GRÈS in French; even, GRAISSE, GRÂCE, GROS; greas, fat, obese). It's easy & pleasant to walk on the sand; to run it's harder & often it's just QUICKSAND (QUICK, COUIC, EEK = TO KILL, KAPUT, UCCIDERE, MATAR).

I'm not interested by any virtual hi-tech prosthesis for ill or sick, who make business & money for their buttocks; I'm not a "PREDATOR" (Word from "PRICE after threats, blackmails, piracy, hostages, slaughters"), I am an ANIMAL, a MANKIND, a BEING, a SAVAGE (From SAVE, SAFE). We have first to well learn & to say correctly the Letters of our Alphabets, to refill the sea with fishes, to replant billions trees, & to stop all these stupid religions for poors people totally ignorant, uncultivated of their identity, history, language, ancesters & NATURE. That will be TO PROGRESS and same better: TO EVOLVE, TO RAISE, to become HIGH or real BEING; as my Ancesters, older 30.000 years BC who painted Horses & Bulls (Taurus) on the stones; they havn't never lived in caves & was not like big hairy monkeys.
For info: All the dinosaurs had feathers. It's a recent progress of the last researches (Spielberg & others 3D movie-makers are totally ridiculous now. Anyway, a Monster it's always monstrous, dreadful, ghastly, godawful).

The Humans mistooks too often "speed & precipitation" & the progress has never to forget some first fondamental & primal principles of LIFE: "Heart beating" & "horse's gallop speed". To go faster these 2 things is very very bad for the health. That's also remember me a sentence from Racine (17e century): "Who wants to travel far, spares his mount".

Anyway, I am ready for the new world since more 10 years yet. I see too much the Past, the Present & the Future in same time. I have left since a long time the level of IRON; & that I want now it's the EVOLUTION or REVOLUTION, not a thing called by Churchies & Sects "PROGRESS", in reality "DIGRESS"...
To run on QUICKSAND it's not a good advise.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
I checked this product. Well, It is perfect who want to get fast results for products I mean for studio renders. But in case of interior. IT IS TOTALLY USELESS. So noisy. this is the problem.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All