Knurling Tutorial Online
All  1-12  13-18

Previous
Next
Hello,

Just a quick doodle, tried using a rounded knurl shape.

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4672.14 In reply to 4672.13 
Those are the ones I use on the backs of PC's. Pretty nice.

So... why go through the trouble of working at a material offset when MoI handles it so well. At least for close-ups of sharp detail like that.
Every angle and light-reflective glint properly represented, and detail even down to where the edge is cut off at a 45.

Now yes, a scene where you never get close enough to those surfaces to tell warrants a simple material effect, as well as not needing to replicate that detail if the end-purpose is to mill that part.
But OSTexo, you're doing a good job showing what can be done with MoI's new feature.
The same as with the speaker mesh made by Flow. As for education and fun's sake - If MoI can do it, why not exploit it.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello,

For me it's a matter of the purpose of the object. I wouldn't even need that level of detail for a guide, it would be a nightmare to manage that without the benefit of hidden line removal. I do think the little bit of added detail is helpful in cases where parts could be similar.

On a side note I had a meeting with a CM recently that was highly impressed with MoI, in fact the viewer they were recommending was more expensive for just a viewer than MoI. I think it could be a great presentation tool in that sense, and in that case the customer might be spoiled and want to see details earlier in the process before renders and RP.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello,

For example, much simpler geometry, more curves substitution. For a guide or simple procedure it is more than enough detail to have the user get the idea.

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4672.17 In reply to 4672.16 
Looks very nice.. :-)

Peace,
Rich_Art. ;-)

| C4DLounge.eu | Our Dutch/Belgium C4D forum. Cinema4D R13 Studio + VrayForC4D + UVLayout Pro + 3DCoat
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4672.18 In reply to 4672.14 
ROFL.....you're all doing a great job of showing me just how badly I'd like a new motherboard, processor and memory ;) Oh and a good workstation class video card.....
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-12  13-18