MoI not working question -

Next
Hello all,
I'm having a problem getting the functions in Moi to work. The program keeps generating assertions whenever I click on some of the function buttons. All of primitive creation buttons and the entity creation buttons, as well as the save, cut, and copy functions pop up the asserts dialogue. The text portion of the error report always has the same message no matter which of those functions I try :

.\Init.cpp 126: Moi starting up
Assert failed File: c:\src\moi\moi_lib\COMUtils.h Line: 38 EIP: 2203378C

GetMoiInterface() error - GetObject() failed, Moniker name = $$moi$$1820 hr = 800401e3
Assert failed File: c:\src\moi\moi_lib\COMUtils.h Line: 38 EIP: 2203378C

Does anybody know if this is a Moi bug, or am I missing some required library or library version on my machine? (I suspect the latter, but have no idea what might be missing-). Using XPpro sp2.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Paul
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
467.2 In reply to 467.1 
Hi Paul, this is the first report that I have heard of this particular error.

It looks like one particular sub-system in your Windows installation is not working, in the area of COM Inter-process communication.

A normal XP SP2 installation should have all the required libraries. By any chance have you turned off some system services on this machine?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
467.3 In reply to 467.2 
Michael ,
Thanks for the reply, I should have remembered to check the services. After turning a number of them on and off, it turns out that the DCOM daemon needs to be switched on to the automatic setting, rather than manual. So, now Moi works fine and I get to play a bit!

Thanks again , Paul
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All