greenhouse

Next
Hi ...

Here is a pretty simple model ... a greenhouse I hope to build when spring arrives (we have had our first snow flurry already).
The renderings are done in Flamingo NxT (spring dream)This one has a ground plane, Octane (spring fantasy 3) and SimLab Composer (no shadows).

I am a total newbie with Octane and SimLab composer and far from proficient with Flamingo NxT ... I don't spend a lot of time with rendering tools but I thought it might be interesting to compare the three renderers. The catch with Flamingo is that it is a plug-in for Rhino. The other two are free standing and make good companions for MoI.

I am pretty impressed with Octane given the small amount of time I have spent with it. The catch here is that one has to have a video card with CUDA.

cheers,
eric
Image Attachments:
Size: 150.4 KB, Downloaded: 77 times, Dimensions: 800x600px
Size: 190.2 KB, Downloaded: 108 times, Dimensions: 787x512px
Size: 90 KB, Downloaded: 114 times, Dimensions: 913x597px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Impressive green house design. It looks like it's all-cedar. Nice touch.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4662.3 In reply to 4662.1 
Nice design eric!

So this is a personal project for your own construction or is it being built for a client?

If it's your own personal one, do you already have planned out what you will be planting in there?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4662.4 In reply to 4662.3 
Hi Michael ...
In this particular case I plan to build it to replace one we already have in place. About 5 years ago I used some pvc pipe to make arches and then covered the greenhouse with special uv resistant poly that is supposed to be good for about 5 years. It is still going strong but nearing the end of its practical lifetime. The new one will be a little larger.
We live in Canada at about 3000 feet so our garden starts late and winter comes along again pretty fast. We get very early greens, early summer tomatoes, peppers, loads of cucumbers and many squash out of the small structure ... the outdoor garden provides berries, some fruit, beans, spinach and the cabbage family pretty well.
So, a little bigger greenhouse with automatic ventilation and a much longer potential life span makes really good sense.
Incidentally, I do have a client who wants me to design a greenhouse for him this winter ... larger and timber frame ... but the detail work and research I did for this one will be a bit of a preliminary prototype.
cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4662.5 In reply to 4662.4 
Sounds great eric, and that's pretty cool that some research will overlap with a client project on top of that - that's several layers of practicality there! :)

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4662.6 In reply to 4662.1 
Wow, this looks like a great project Eric!

You seem to have already worked out the assembly already.

I like the vents on top.
Will it be around 16' x 10'?

Hope to see picture of this!

Marc
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4662.7 In reply to 4662.6 
Hi Marc ...
It's 16' x 25' (approx). I plan on using used patio door tempered glass for most of the glazing. It is substantial (tempered) glass and inexpensive to buy. I will take a picture of it when I am building it. MoI was great for working out the details. All the parts can be cut from these drawings ... though I will have to create a set of dimension drawings, as well.
cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All