V3 features

Next
Michael,

What is the exact plan for V3? Sorry I found the wishlist topic too crowded.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I hope some of these things are in consideration: :-)

1) A (quick) Shear handle on the ortho handle bars gizmo.
2) Free-Form Distortion (FFD). Where X by X by X control points in a box/grid configuration around the object will allow for envelope-driven free distortion.
3) A view control for angular Orthographic Projection. (Shown below)
4) A tool for making Call-Out dimensional notations. (Shown below)
5) A Blend tool that can blend off of MORE than two surface edges, and do so with options to follow or not follow tangents of each associated surface edge.
This could be the end-all be-all surface creation tool for matching surfaces.
6) The ability to physically move curves and curve control points on surface edges and the surfaces will re-build. Multiple surfaces joined into one object will conform as well. (Maybe not possible without getting into parametrics territory, but there must be some good part from this idea)
7) The ability to move holes and trimmed sections, as well as being able to "push/pull" surfaces, and the associated connected surface and curves would follow suit.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4624.3 In reply to 4624.2 
:)))))))))))
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4624.4 In reply to 4624.1 
Hi andras,

> What is the exact plan for V3? Sorry I found
> the wishlist topic too crowded.

There is no exact plan - I just have a general goal of implementing various features that a lot of people have requested.

A lot of stuff will come from the "top 5 feature request for v3" discussion thread here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3628.1

If you have some particular features that you'd like to see in v3, add your top 5 highest priority ones to that thread there so they'll be in the running.

The actual development is pretty fluid - which particular things get developed depend on a lot of factors like if a good idea for the UI pops up, or if it's an area that can solve a lot of problems and questions that people are frequently asking.

Those things, like having a good idea for the UI and analyzing repeated questions are things that are not necessarily predictable and can be constantly in flux so it's not easy to base a long lasting plan on them. So because of that the development of v3 will also be more fluid and I'm not 100% sure in advance how it will go yet.

Right now during the early stages I am primarily focused on some new deformation tools like the new Flow and Twist tools, and I'll probably be working on this area for a little bit longer before switching to something else.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4624.5 In reply to 4624.2 
Hi Mike,

> I hope some of these things are in consideration: :-)

Those things will get lost in this thread - please prioritize your top 5 and put them on the Top 5 features for v3 request thread here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3628.1

> 3) A view control for angular Orthographic Projection. (Shown below)

There are already controls for this under Options > View - set the view to be orthographic by setting Options > View > "3D View projection" = Parallel.

Then some specific angles for the view direction can be set with the dialog that pops up with the "3D view angles" button again on Options > View.

Some particular orthographic views use some specific view angles set by a formula - you can set up a script to set those angles with a shortcut key, see the Set isometric and Set dimetric scripts on Petr's page here:
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#SetView

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thank you, I posted something in the topic.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4624.7 In reply to 4624.5 
AAACK! If it was a snake it would've bit me. I mystified by how I missed or forgotten about this feature...
You can even export to .ai with the result in Isometric!
I've got to make a chart or something... Many of these cool non-UI features can get lost out of sight, out of mind.

Thanks Michael!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4624.8 In reply to 4624.7 
I tend to agree about having UI controls for isometric or dimetric views.
Maybe in options/view/ "3d view angles" in some checkboxes, although it's quite deep.

And Michael could also tell those oddballs asking about oblique views them that it's so last century!

Marc
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All