Fullscreen in V3 (and pop under mouse menus ?)
All  1-11  12-15

Previous
Next
4620.12 In reply to 4620.11 
Hi Luis,

>> doing kind of fancy borders like that is somewhat laborious in HTML.
>
> I would've thought differently. but ok.

Some kinds of things can be quite annoying to do in HTML - the particular tricky thing about the flyout border is that it's not just a static border, it has a connector piece that's variable width, that expands to match the launching element's size.

Here are a couple of examples where you can see the difference in the width of the connector piece of the border:

Then on top of that variable width part, the connector can also go on any side of the window, like above you see one is on the bottom-left and the other is on the top-right.

Here's one with the connector on the side:

That flyout border thing is quite a bit more complex than you might think it is at first glance.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4620.13 In reply to 4620.12 
Hi Michael,

I certainly understand about the annoyances. The connector piece is one of them of course, but that is exactly what I would like to be able to control and modify.

I figured, if I can set and/or get the window panel coordinates via js then I should be to draw a custom connector anywhere along any of the borders as a separate entity on top. Kinda of a hack, but it may just work.

I plain webkit-enabled panel without any Moi-drawn borders/or edges at some point would be just great (i think that's what you mentioned before). Of course, it probably wouldn't be for everyone, which is why I would just make the default border style live in a CSS definition for all children to inherit from it...

Just wishful thinking at this point...

Thanks,

Luis
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4620.14 In reply to 4620.13 
Hi Luis,

> which is why I would just make the default border style
> live in a CSS definition for all children to inherit from it...

I will probably end up with the colors defined in the CSS (or possibly in a separate color definition file that will contain all colors in it) - it's possible for custom C++ code to read some parameters out of the moi.css file itself, for some things that are drawn directly and not using the HTML engine.

It's actually doing that already in certain cases - including for the flyout border, the border comes from an image file that is defined as a flyoutBorderImage CSS property set on the body, that's how some flyouts have that darker style image on them, they are set to use the FlyoutBorder2.png image.

I do not think it will be feasible to make the borders drawn using the HTML engine though, I've tried to describe above the issues that make that difficult.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4620.15 In reply to 4620.14 
Thanks Michael.

FYI, as long as the corner roundness and background colors are controllable then it doesn't matter to me which engine draws it. I would use whatever you can make available... :)

If you do plan on enabling something like that during the beta let me know so I can test it...opacity and padding would also be of interest...

Best,

Luis
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-11  12-15