mountains
All  1-14  15-18

Previous
Next
4598.15 In reply to 4598.8 
There are a few free terrain apps that can save a DEM to triangles, though perhaps not to STL directly.

Mesh to Single Nurbs http://www.resurf3d.com/ will take an STL or XYZ format file and build a nurbs surface out of it. I have gotten mixed results, but overall I think it is better than ZSurf. While its not free, it is not very expensive. It does require some experimentation to get the best results, and because extends the patches it produces beyond the existing geometry, you need to trim it up in a nurbs modeling app.

If you have Rhino, there's a RhinoResuf, a plugin by the same company that offers more options in producing nurbs surfaces from meshes, including trimming the nurbs to the mesh.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4598.16 In reply to 4598.1 
Does it need to be done with NURBS? If I'm not mistaken, you can download Bryce for free. It will export in 3DS, OBJ, DXF, and DAE formats.

http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/bryce/download?

Steve S
Image Attachments:
Size: 83.6 KB, Downloaded: 56 times, Dimensions: 644x321px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4598.17 In reply to 4598.16 
it's pretty cool that they're offering Bryce for free now. the only problem is that i can't import it into MOI so i can turn it into a game tile that i can create with my CNC machine. good idea though :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4598.18 In reply to 4598.17 
Here is a bryce terrain converted to an iges by the previously posted software and loaded into MoI...

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-14  15-18