Michael, help

Next
Hi,
I purchased 2.0 a couple months ago but I haven't really been able to work on anything. I just opened it up and I'm getting errors. when I clicked on freeform curve I got a Script error with the message "Line 42 Column 3". Please advise. thanks
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4546.2 In reply to 4546.1 
it looks like many tools are throwing errors, each with a Line/Column #.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4546.3 In reply to 4546.1 
Hi Brian, it sounds like something may be messed up on your system, probably something in the registry related to Internet Explorer or JScript.dll .

MoI v2 is dependent on some components of Internet Explorer in order to run, and if something has happened to mangle parts of your computer's system registry it can potentially mess up MoI's ability to run. It can be possible to fix that up by doing a reset of IE settings. There's a reset button under the system Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced tab, as shown in this blog post:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/06/12/628499.aspx

Can you try pushing that Reset button for Internet Explorer and see if that makes any difference?

Also if you are running any kind of software that hooks into things at a low level like an anti-virus or anti-spyware type filtering software try disabling that temporarily to see if they are interfering with MoI being able to run.

Which version of Internet Explorer do you have on your system? You might try re-installing one of the recent versions to see if that might repair your system as well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4546.4 In reply to 4546.1 
Hi Brian, also the new v3 beta has been overhauled to use a different system for the UI than the Internet Explorer engine which v2 used.

But for v2 if your Internet Explorer installation is kind of mangled it can result in the kind of symptoms like you're describing - that reset button or doing a reinstall of IE can help to solve that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
holy crap, works like a charm. Thank you thank you.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4546.6 In reply to 4546.5 
You're welcome Brian, I'm glad that IE Reset button worked for you.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All