parting sizes
 1-20  21-32

Previous
Next
4510.21 In reply to 4510.20 
Hi Michael,
I was wondering if you caught the part about the bounding box use in the video.. Sorry, I kindof packed a bunch of stuff in there..

If you could refer to this video in this post here:

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=4510.10

and just jump straight to 3 minutes in, and look at the bounding box result with regards to this model I sent...

Thanks..
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4510.22 In reply to 4510.21 
Hi Burr yeah sorry I didn't get a chance to go all the way through your video, I wasn't really sure if I was supposed to be looking for something in particular in it.

So yeah what you show there at the 3 minutes mark does not look like just a display glitch, that certainly does look like something isn't right there.

Could you kind of give me a shortcut overview of what seems to be wrong there, is that from using the BoundingBox command on the boolean cut pieces?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4510.23 In reply to 4510.22 
Yes it is the BoundingBox command.. Run on the 4 diffing objects. It seems to leave a bit of all their edges out of the box..

I have tried to re-create it with spheres and such of different sizes though I always (as before) get a good bounding box definition..
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4510.24 In reply to 4510.23 
Hi Burr, yeah that looks like some kind of bug in the bounding box calculation - I'll investigate it.

Thanks,
- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4510.25 In reply to 4510.24 
Ok... So some steps may be "model basic shape at actual size, scale up to make trims and blends. Possibly throw in a shrinkTrimmedSrf as well (or possibly A Seprate-ShrinkTrimmedSrf-Join)....

If much after that, it may be just an anomoly with multiple iterations of this particular model, as I havnt seen this before and I use that command all the time. Just wanted to be sure that this wasnt the expected result at this time... Thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4510.26 In reply to 4510.20 
>Nice one Frenchy...

I suppose it is the result of Man imagining what a fish would enjoy!!! lol

Interesting Burr,

I got a job enticement recently from a university psych dept. outfit that's into doing just that... :-/

Among that: cats, dogs, people, etc... what do they do, I imagine - apply shock treatment if they chose an ugly lure?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4510.27 In reply to 4510.25 
Hi Burr, actually I think it's a bug in the bounding box calculation when dealing with that particular kind of shape that has a kind of outward flaring form on one side. I think the mechanism that MoI is using does not work properly with that particular kind of shape, but I need to analyze it a little bit more in depth.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4510.28 In reply to 4510.26 
Hi Majik,
It sort of feels like the 20's and 30's where people were buying "The stomach wrenching mind enhancer" type machines!!!!

Still looking for the elixar! And the wagon with the tophat guy is now on a TV! "Have I got a pill for you!!!!!!!!!! Dont mind the bleeding from the eyes, it's good for you and part of the healing process! Call another doctor if it gets TOO bad. Your friends will love the Bakuhatsu!

Lets dig into the inner most thoughts of frogs. (we could really learn something from those amazingly intelligent beings!! :o)

"""""""""""what do they do, I imagine - apply shock treatment if they chose an ugly lure?"""""""""

No. They FEEL really bad and hire a group of teens to sit in a circle and speak sweet nothings to them, in hopes that they will not be affected by this traumatic experience...

Then they pass out pills from the elixar guy! :o
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4510.29 In reply to 4510.28 
Wooooow! ;-o

It all started with Mexican border radio, goat glands and Roy Acuff jukebox banks... then Wolfman Jack and baby chickens through the mail...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4510.30 In reply to 4510.28 
Hi Burr, so I dug into that bounding box problem and it is indeed a bug with handling shapes that are kind of flared out to one side, but only if it flares out at a kind of particular shallow angle range.

I've reworked the bounding box calculation for the next beta to use a new method which should solve that problem.

Thanks for posting the file for me to test with.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4510.31 In reply to 4510.30 
Thanks MG... You are the man!!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
... Wolfman Jack

Hey MM, I used to listen to the Wolfman when I went to High School in Los Angeles. Station XERB. He played the stuff no one else would play at the time. Best part was when he would make prank phone calls, just like on American Graffiti. How's your boogaloo?

Ed
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-32