Rave

Next
Hi Michael,
Raves and thanks for ver 3.
I am currently designing a small 4 plex group of apartments. From a modeling point of view everything is simple and easy to do.
But, that said, I have used many architectural modelers over scores of years and MoI is certainly the best I have had the pleasure of using.
It is fast and easy, very intuitive for me, a joy to use.
I certainly like the new things you have introduced in Styles. Selection just got a whole lot easier.
thanks again,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4509.2 In reply to 4509.1 
Thanks eric, I'm really glad that it is working well for you!

For the style stuff, you must be referring to the new selection indicator dot? The idea for that is to give you some more information in the scene browser about the current selection so that you can see not only what things are hidden but also what things are selected in that scene browser view.

Or are you maybe talking about the new filter mechanism with Ctrl+click on the selection dot?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4509.3 In reply to 4509.2 
Yes, I was referring to the selection indicator dot.
It works well for me.
thanks,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4509.4 In reply to 4509.3 
Hi eric, there are also a few different ways to use the selection dot.

Just doing a regular basic click on it toggle selection on or off as I'm sure you've seen already.

Normally when you click on the dot it will only select objects that are not hidden. You can use shift+click to select all objects that belong to that slot regardless of current visibility state - any hidden objects of that slot will become shown if you do that. So basically when stuff is hidden shift+click is the equivalent of doing a click on the eye icon for visibility followed by a click on the dot, but it happens just with the one click.

A right-click on the dot will do an "isolated selection" - it will select the stuff for that item and deselect all other things.

You can also use Ctrl+click on the dot to activate a selection filter. When a filter is active only objects belonging to that slot will be targeted for further selection actions. So for example if you want to select all red curves, you can tag Style = Red with a filter (by Ctrl+clicking on it), and then go to the Types section of the scene browser and click on the selection dot area for curves and it will only target curves that have style = red. It also limits what will be targeted for selection when clicking in the viewports with the mouse as well. You can push Escape to clear any active filters when you are done using them, or do Ctrl+click on the filtered dot again to remove the filter.

So anyway there are these other various related functions hooked into it as well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4509.5 In reply to 4509.4 
Hi Michael
Thanks for the explanations ... I will try them all in the next days.
cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All