Gaussgun_Moi and 123d Filleting Action
 1-20  21-29

Previous
Next
"Is this gun an out of the blue model or is it an existing model (from a movie/game or something) ?"

No it`s my own interpretation of this princip

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coilgun

and the basic design near modern rifles

http://img.webme.com/pic/y/yersinia-force/g36.jpg
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4496.22 In reply to 4496.21 
ha thanks for the reply.. (and the 2 links of course. )

Peace,
Rich_Art. ;)

| C4DLounge.eu | Our Dutch/Belgium C4D forum. Cinema4D R12 Studio + VrayForC4D + UVLayout Pro + 3DCoat
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello, and now the Gaussrifle Animation.

LINK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfJM2z_tw0I&feature=channel_video_title
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4496.24 In reply to 4496.23 
Great animation... I love VrayforC4D. :-)

Peace,
Rich_Art. ;)

| C4DLounge.eu | Our Dutch/Belgium C4D forum. Cinema4D R12 Studio + VrayForC4D + UVLayout Pro + 3DCoat
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Wahooo!! That animation was freakin' awesome!

Quite impressive smoke and lighting effects.

...I tried to load 123D (to see what the hype was about) and the thing wouldn't start up.
Gave me an error during the splash screen that related to the fact that my video card wasn't good enough for Autodesk products.
- More like Autodesk is in bed with vid card manufactures!

That's okay! Me and my MoI are perfectly fine on my antiquated system. ;-)

EDITED: 13 Sep 2011 by MAJIKMIKE

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4496.26 In reply to 4496.23 
zarkow - Excellent video. The model details, the textures, the effects and the audio all come together for a very convincing video.

Ed
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanx for Comments

"...I tried to load 123D (to see what the hype was about) and the thing wouldn't start up.
Gave me an error during the splash screen that related to the fact that my video card wasn't good enough for Autodesk products.
- More like Autodesk is in bed with vid card manufactures!"

you can also try inventor Fusion preview, it has the 123d filled engine.
maybe this wouldn't crash.

http://labs.autodesk.com/technologies/fusion/
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4496.28 In reply to 4496.27 
Thanks,
I might give that a try...
My card is Nvidia GeForce 4800 Ti SE with, only 128 mb ram, and it's been years since Nvidia updated the driver.
My Direct X is 9 and updated for Win XP. Runs MoI like a charm.
..must be something else with my system.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Good work so far Zarkow!

I got Autodesk 123D Beta working on my work PC. The vid card at work was made in 2006, as opposed to the vid card on the home PC that was made in 2002.
Must make a difference in something they require for it to work. They are both Direct X 9... Not sure what the deal is.

Okay::: I've only played with 123D for a few minutes, and it looks like it's main advantage is it's "parametric" abilities. Not a personal need for me.
The biggest let-down I see is that it is sloooooooow!

Shame on Autodesk! Both 123D and MoI uses DirectX and Michael's MoI not only flys, but has smooth lines.
I could understand if 123D was using OpenGL - maybe it is.
On my machine in 123D, it takes several seconds for the right-click context menus to pop-up, and even longer to do anything else.

Looking at 123D's features and NURBS editing tools, there is nothing that MoI cannot really do - it's all standard NURBS bill-of-fair.
In 123D, everything is supposed to be intuitive and it anticipates your next options - but by bringing up an annoying bee-swarm of buttons that cover your view.
In MoI, the features are clearly marked and awaiting easy service on the side plane.
I don't have to remember to go here and go there to make a sweep, there's a single button or button menu that is faithfully there in MoI.
I was disappointed in 123D on some of the manipulation features, I had to hold down the shift key, just to rotate the scene with the mouse.
Yes, many app have you do it this way, but your main use functions should just happen with a click.

I not just cheerleading for MoI here, but MoI has it on the easy, fun and powerful side.
-Every since I started working with MoI, the ugly un-anti-aliased, jagged, stair-stepped lines of all other 3D modeling programs look annoying and unprofessional.

Note to Autodesk: ;-) Since you insist on hogging Direct X resources, forcing us to buy newer vid cards, and making every computation take it's sweet time - why in the heck are you unable or unwilling, with all of your corporate programming power, able to anti-alias your lines such as a 10 meg modeler does in it's sleep?

Okay, now the BIG plus to 123D - WOW, the Fillets are on the spot! This is the Fillet improvement I want to see in a future NURBS library release.

Like I said: 123D is very well a fancy "Enhanced Fillet Plug-In" for MoI. MoI is way too easy and visually pleasing to use to trade off.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-29