Tangent Arc?
All  1-3  4-5

Previous
Next
Hello,

It is easy to draw tangent arcs and tangent lines in Spaceclaim because they have specific tools for such tasks and I didn't want to have to bump between applications if I was missing something obvious in MoI. Sorry for the poor explanation, I think you understand the nature of my question. I'm just becoming spoiled with the ease of use in MoI, I really like staying in the app as much as possible, although SCE has some very strong tools. Thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
4457.5 In reply to 4457.4 
Hi OSTexo, it's not really particularly difficult to draw that in MoI either - it only takes a couple of seconds.

You can just use the regular arc from center point tool, type in the radius value that you want and drag out a construction line to get a snap point for where to place the center point.

Then you just pick the center point, pick the point on the curve and you're drawing a tangent arc at that point.

I can probably streamline things just a bit with arc continue, but with the above process you're talking about something that's pretty easy to do already...

Let me know if the steps that I've described here aren't making sense and I can make a demo video for you.

But I will also see about tuning up arc continue to increase the convenience factor a bit further. It's not like this will be a very dramatic improvement though - it will just avoid creating a construction line.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-5