Modify seam point
All  1-9  10-12

Previous
Next
4377.10 In reply to 4377.9 
Hi Ditto, you'll only get caps on ends that are closed and planar. It looks like your end profile is closed, but not planar, if I zoom in on the Top view (you have to zoom in a ways) you can kind of see that there appears to be some out of plane curvy-ness to it:

It's kind of easiest to flatten such things out when they're axis aligned because you can just grab the corner grip on the edit frame and squish it to get the "flat" snap. But it is also possible to flatten something that is non-axis aligned by using the Scale1D command though, as shown here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=4336.7

I used that Scale1D technique to flatten that profile down to be planar, and now it should generate an end cap on that side - 3DM file is attached here.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4377.11 In reply to 4377.5 
Hi Marco,

> 2. two rails..but there seems to be something odd about
> your Sweep-dialog..i cant see the cap ends-option in your
> screenshot. why is that?

That was because of the small closed curves being used as the rails - when you have closed rails the "End caps" option is not displayed because with the sweep being a closed surface there are no open ends to cap off.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4377.12 In reply to 4377.10 
Hi, Michael

Thanks a ton. Things are getting clearer and clearer. The differences in selection order were clearly my problem. Somewhat automatically I choose the wrong one for MoI.

Thanks to all for your help!
Ditto
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-9  10-12