New Feb-26 beta available now
 1-20  21-38

Previous
Next
437.21 In reply to 437.14 
>>This is set up for the next beta.

Thanks. We will see how it looks...

>>Any ideas on a good way to trigger this?
>>Maybe clicking the rotate icon again while inside tri-axis rotate mode?

It sounds well. But now it is unfeasible to click it....

Petr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
437.22 In reply to 437.15 
You have brought me round to revise my attitude..... ! hehe.... -Petr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
437.23 In reply to 437.21 
> It sounds well. But now it is unfeasible to click it....

You mean because one of the wheels gets the click instead? I would be able to change this so that the icon took precedence over the wheels if you are within a short distance of the icon.

But it may be overloading a bit too much stuff on that icon though... but nothing else is particularly coming to mind

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
437.24 In reply to 437.23 
>>You mean because one of the wheels gets the click instead?

Yep...

>>But it may be overloading a bit too much stuff on that icon though

Well, I agree with you that for Image there is no need for this handling badly. So I will try to have a think about this trickiness.

Petr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I have noticed some weird thing while handling image! I am planing to go into and give a feedback. But now, I have to start working... grrrr... -Petr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
437.26 In reply to 437.9 
> And a wish: It´s posible to keep the same distance when I´m drawing a polyline?
> If not, this is my wish. Anyway....I think that it´s not a very useful feature, but I
> was trying to draw a polyline like that, and it was very tedious to write the distance
> in each segment. :-)

Hi David, this isn't possible right now. Normally something a bit specialized like this will probably be done using some kind of a custom script instead of adding it in as a part of the regular UI.

I've added some new scriptable methods for the next beta that will make it possible to set the current distance or angle constraint from a script, which will make it possible to do something like set up a keyboard shortcut for "d" that sets the distance you want. You would still have to hit d for every segment, but that seems easier than typing in the number for each one.

One quick note for the current beta version - you don't have to click in that box each time before typing your distance, you can just type the distance in immediately and hit enter. That might save you a click if you are clicking on the little distance box each time right now.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next

New dutch translation can be downloaded here:

Kind regards,
Edwin

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

I pledged some weirdnesses about Edit/Image command. So here you are...

When I want to place an image, I pick corner point first and then I can choose four basic quadrants for placing opposite corner point. The image changes location in accordance with moving cursor to the different quadrant while the first picked point stays in place. The image aren't changed itself.

After placing image I can scale it by moving a grip.
Well, when I grab the grip, the "shifting point" appears and besides moving this point (it leads to changing size of image) I can shift it along the adjacent sides. As soon as I bring "shifting point" closer to opposite grip enough, it results in mirroring image! Cool or funny? It depends... I guess it can be useful.

Another nice thing relating to 2D rotation. If I click and drag on rotation grip, I am able to snap certain angle according to setting snap angle option in the straight snap options dialog window. The zero axis is always oriented from the midpoint of image towards rotation grip(?).

Last issue is about the "3-wheel rotation gizmo". Clicking on the wheel in case of the wheel is represented by line (i.e. the wheel is perpendicular to cplane) leads to freezing the image, seemingly. There is need to move the mouse cursor to another view and click somewhere or press Esc key to enable further handling. I don't think it is a bug, however one could just be surprised what has happened.

Petr

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
437.29 In reply to 437.28 
Hi Petr, thanks for the additional image feedback!

> it results in mirroring image! Cool or funny? It depends... I guess it can be useful.

This is intentional - is the part that seems odd to you that the behavior is a bit different from the original image placement? I thought about not mirroring it on scale for a bit, but I think that scaling is slightly different than the original image placement. The idea is that once you are scaling it is good to lock the opposite corner in place, which means doing a mirror when you drag to the other side.

I think that during scaling having picked a corner to drag really identifies a particular corner and opposite anchor point, but I think of the original placement as defining more an area on the screen and not so much having the first pick automatically associated with the lower-left corner.

> Clicking on the wheel in case of the wheel is represented by line (i.e. the
> wheel is perpendicular to cplane) leads to freezing the image, seemingly.

Aha, good catch on this one, I consider this one to be a bug. I've tuned this up for the next beta so that it will work when dragging on an edge-on circle like this, it will behave as if you were dragging on the half of the circle closer to you.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
437.30 In reply to 437.29 
This is intentional - is the part that seems odd to you that the behavior is a bit different from the original image placement?

No, no... I was just wondering since this feature wasn't announced in a realease notes. -Petr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Japanese language file for new beta
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next

French Version for the Feb-26 beta :)
Just replace it in the Folder "C:\Program Files\MoI beta Feb-26-2007\ui"

---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery

EDITED: 4 Mar 2007 by PILOU

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
437.33 In reply to 437.26 
Hi Michael,

>>I've added some new scriptable methods for the next beta that
>>will make it possible to set the current distance or angle constraint
>>from a script, which will make it possible to do something like set
>>up a keyboard shortcut for "d" that sets the distance you want.
>>You would still have to hit d for every segment, but that seems
>>easier than typing in the number for each one.

Well, how can we set and call this method from within moi.ini?

Petr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
437.34 In reply to 437.33 
There's a new method moi.ui.getActivePointPicker() which will return to you the pointpicker which is currently waiting for a point, or null if none is currently waiting.

Then there is a new setDistanceConstraint() and setAngleConstraint() which is available on a point picker.

So this for instance will set it up so that pushing D will set a distance constraint of 10 units. So to create a polyline with a lot of 10 unit segments, set this up and then push D after picking each point.

[Shortcut Keys]
D=script:var pointpicker = moi.ui.getActivePointPicker(); if ( pointpicker != null ) pointpicker.setDistanceConstraint(10.0);

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
437.35 In reply to 437.9 
Hi David,

>>And a wish: It´s posible to keep the same distance when I´m drawing a polyline?

I hope you are still looking for command that allow you to draw a polyline with the same length of segments... If not... hehe..

- Create \user subdirectory in the ..\MoI beta Mar-9-2006\commands directory
- Unzip the file "CustomPolyline.zip" into the new \user directory
- If you use a keyboard along with a mouse, you can define a shortcut - go to your moi.ini (C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\Moi\moi.ini) and add a keyboard shortcut in the [Shortcut Keys] section - for example:
Alt+P=user/CustomPolyline
- If you use a tablet, you can move the file "HelpMenu.htm" from \user directory to ..\MoI beta Mar-9-2006\ui (actually you have to let the file overwrite). You will be able to launch the command from help menu, then.

After calling this new command you can choose from three constraint mode for drawing a polyline - distance constraint, angle constraint or both of them. If you don't want to use one of them, you just type 0 (zero) or delete a value.

Let's hope that there aren't serious bugs...It appears to work fine.

Petr

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
437.36 In reply to 437.35 
Maybe you must copy past this post also in the thread new beta of 9 mars !
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next

Hi tyglik:

Thanks. Your script works very well. And combining with the angle constraint can be a very useful feature. Thank you a lot again :-)

Sorry Michael. I didn´t see that you answered to my wish. Mmmmm...the next one.....Rebuild command? 0:-)```

Bye!

P.S. Mmmmm..I´ve just seen my post and I see that I´ve posted with another name. I registered with other name because in the begining we had problems with the spanish forum...and I forget to change it! :-)

EDITED: 14 Mar 2007 by DEHM

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Wow tyglik!
Thanks for the new tool. It's always nice to have a little extra and your efforts are much appreciated :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-38