Drawing solid pyramid
All  1-3  4-13

Previous
Next
4369.4 In reply to 4369.3 
we can see nothing! :(
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Pilou,

There have been 45 views, maybe it's reached the bandwidth limit, here's a direct link to Sky drive.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=30cffdfa97399495&sc=documents&id=30CFFDFA97399495!185#

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4369.6 In reply to 4369.5 
I would think there has to be some type of limit to the default preset solids available on the toolpallette..

It is already so quick to just do as you said by just drawing a single line at the angle you want and using array or sweep.. For a truncated object, you could just use loft on to curves of such.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4369.7 In reply to 4369.6 
Hi Burr, yeah pyramid is just not used as frequently, and having too many specialized commands tends to make for a bloated and complex UI. So anyway Ditto that is why there is not a special pyramid command - it's an important goal for MoI to be easy to use and one of the ingredients that makes that possible is to not have too many commands that are not used too frequently and can already be accomplished using existing tools.

I do plan on making an "extrude to point" option for extrude which should make it easier to make a pointy pyramid from a rectangle. Currently there are a variety of different ways you can do it though, one pretty straightforward way is to draw a rectangle and 4 lines connecting each corner of the rectangle to the apex of the pyramid, then select all of them and run the Construct > Network command.

A truncated pyramid can be easily created by drawing 2 rectangles and doing a Loft between them.

In the future at some point I can probably cook up a plug-in command to do some more convenient pyramid construction, but it's pretty quick to construct with existing tools though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4369.8 In reply to 4369.7 
Also a convenient way to draw the wire scaffolding for a pyramid in the 3D view is to pull up a construction line in the z axis direction so that you can track along it to place a point at an elevation above the construction plane.

Here's what that looks like - to make a construction line you hold the mouse button down and drag it instead of just clicking it as you normally do to place a point. Make sure you have "straight snap" enabled in the bottom toolbar so you can get the z axis snap line. Then right click to repeat the line command to draw the next one.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Another cool method ;)
The Rail Revolve
(the axe is not drawn, it's appear only during the Command)
And as inside the Danny's video after the Command you can select the profil
Show points and move them for some another crazzy pyramids inversed or not in real time modification! ;)

EDITED: 5 Jul 2011 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4369.10 In reply to 4369.9 
""""""""""I do plan on making an "extrude to point" option for extrude which should make it easier to make a pointy pyramid from a rectangle."""""""""""

Hahahahaaa. That jogged me a bit on the sweep command! So a rectangle and draw a center vertical line, then sweep, with "Pointy end/Start"....

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4369.11 In reply to 4369.10 
Actually pretty cool is to start with a polygon or star of some shape, then just after completion, turn on the show points and go nuts with the history update.. Fun.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4369.12 In reply to 4369.10 
Burr, you should of downloaded the video I posted, it shows exactly that.......they say great minds think alike ;)

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4369.13 In reply to 4369.12 
Wow Danny, Compliment for me!!! I thought it was the draft angle video I already had.. Going to go look now! Thanks.

[EDIT] Sure enough. Nothing new. Just what Danny had already presented! [EDIT]

EDITED: 6 Jul 2011 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-13