Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4363.242 In reply to 4363.241 
Look here Shanyno:

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=4441.9

Copy that new ringcircle htm file over the old one in the commands directory.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4363.243 In reply to 4363.236 
Well I often use fur as grass in my architectural renders. Aside from that, I remember once I applied a glass texture in a window and it looked black in the render, then I flipped the polygons and nothing happened, it still looked black, but as I said before and as you think, it is not a priority. Some rare times the shell command cant handle some surfaces and I leave it as surfaces and if there are a lot of surfaces its hard to predict which are which side, but it is not the day to day situation.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4363.244 In reply to 4363.240 
Hi Michael,

sorry again, I didn't realise that the rotation was actually 90 degree, I was just looking at the star and it wasn't pointing up and I jump to the conclusion that it rotated by some strange angle.

In the file (cleaned up) when looking at the seam, it starts at 0 degree and ends up at 90 degree. This is caused by the UVs orientation like you say.

Thanks,
Felix
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4363.245 In reply to 4363.244 
Hi Felix - I think this will be a lot easier when you will be able to have more control over how the surfaces get aligned to one another, it should help to avoid having things getting rotated by 90 degrees unexpectedly like can happen now.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4363.246 In reply to 4363.245 
Hi Michael,

will this kind of control be controllable itself. For example, when I used the 2 steps option with curves I had no choice but to choose and "nearest" end when what I really wanted is to have the result right in the middle? I understand that with surfaces, choosing a "corner" would likely just orient or align the target UVs with the base UVs.

Its fairly easy with arcs (curves) to match length of the base and target curve or to rotate the flowed object to where you want it but with a more "freeform" type curve it can become difficult, to reposition the flowed object. Maybe setting up history would help with this, I haven't tried but a simple target point to mark the desired center of the flowed object position on the target curve could be helpfull. But again this implies added UI complexity. There are so many thing to consider to keep things as simple an effective as possible and yet flexible enough to be used in many situation with a minimum of pre and/or post number steps.

Regards,
Felix
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4363.247 In reply to 4363.246 
Hi Felix,

> will this kind of control be controllable itself.

It will be focused on controlling alignment of the UV directions between each surface - but the transformation effect will still be to map from one whole surface to the other whole surface. Like you were mentioning trying to do something more than that would bring about quite a lot of complexity.

> when what I really wanted is to have the result right in the middle?

Well, in "stretch" mode for the curve to curve flow you just position your object in the middle of the base line and that will then map to the middle region of your target curve as well.

For the non-stretch mode it will map things by distance traveled along the curve, so to get a lot of control over the placement you could do something like create a line that had a length equal to the length of the target curve and then centering your objects to transform on that line would give you the effect that you need.

You can set up a script to measure the length of a curve here:
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#CurveLength

In the future I expect to make that easier to get at without a script being necessary, on some kind of extended properties dialog but for now that script is a way you can determine it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4363.248 In reply to 4363.247 
Hi Michael,

"For the non-stretch mode it will map things..." that's a good if not excellent idea, since it's much easier to create a strait line of a specific length then a curve. Better yet, I'll get exactly the result I want with minimal effort.

Thanks,
Felix
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4363.249 In reply to 4363.65 
Not intending to necromance but this is EXACTLY the kind of tool I am looking for.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Great one...

a step to more organic models...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options