Arrows?

Next
Hello,

I was taking a look at 3DVIA Composer today and I like the feature where you can draw arrows for rotation, direction, etc. Is this possible in MoI through some sort of scripting? Thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4332.2 In reply to 4332.1 
Hi OSTexo - that's probably something that needs to be more added to the core as a new drawing method, particularly for arrows that are displayed in screen space rather than as 3D geometry. So it's not very feasible just for a script. That will happen when I am able to add some dimension and annotation type objects into MoI.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello,

Having it as part of the geometry wouldn't be bad, but a way to easily size, snap and offset it from part geometry would make it easier.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4332.4 In reply to 4332.3 
Hi OSTexo - when I was referring to geometry what I meant was that a script can only build an arrow out of lines right now, because scripts can't draw something completely new on the screen, they can only automate existing stuff.

So if the kind of thing you're talking about in a filled in arrowhead that is displayed in 2D screen space - that requires a new kind of thing to be drawn on the screen, so that can't be done with just a script, it requires new stuff in the core drawing code. That will happen when I get a chance to work on the area of dimensions and annotations - it's not something that is easily done with a script though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Hello,

Thanks for the explanation, I can be a little thick sometimes.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All