AutoCAD
All  1-7  8-10

Previous
Next
4317.8 In reply to 4317.7 
Hi Nick, that's great news that AutoCAD supports IGES again with the latest version!

I double checked ACAD version 2008 which I have here and it does not seem to support it, so I wonder if that's something that they added back in recently, or if possibly it is some kind of extension pack that you got along with Inventor or something like that?

> BTW- Is it expensive/difficult to be a TrueDWG partner?

Their contract had clauses in it that were not really acceptable to me, stuff like requiring the app to be submitted to Autodesk for approval something like a month before releasing it.

> OpenDWG is OK, but seems to be a release behind and not always accurate...

For me the weird thing about OpenDWG is that their "commercial" license has a restriction that you can only distribute 100 copies max out of your organization. You have to go to the next step up in order to distribute it to as many people as you want. That seems kind of odd to me that the commercial level license has that restriction in it so that has made me not a really big fan of that library either.

So overall DWG is not an easy thing to dig into, right now I don't really have a plan to support it.

DXF is actually documented (for lines and arcs type stuff, not solids unfortunately) so that's more likely what I would try to support in the future at some point.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4317.9 In reply to 4317.8 
"I double checked ACAD version 2008 which I have here and it does not seem to support it, so I wonder if that's something that they added back in recently, or if possibly it is some kind of extension pack that you got along with Inventor or something like that?"

IGES has been standard for as long as I remember (not an Inventor add-in). They might have axed the command [igesout] as legacy...? Anyway, it's located in the export menu now. Try the [export] command in 2008. I only have 2012 installed currently.

Windows 7 x64, Precision T3400, Intel C2Q @ 3 GHz
8 GB RAM, ATi Radeon HD 3870

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4317.10 In reply to 4317.9 
Hi Nick, in AutoCAD 2008 when I do the export command I only get these choices here:

Anyway, that's great if they have added it back in to the more current versions.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-7  8-10