Move drawing and background together
All  1-9  10-12

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,
I understand what you're saying about the confusion factor. You've obviously done a LOT of thinking about UI issues. That's why I said that the question would be asked only if there were things selected when entering the command. However, that may not be enough to keep things clear.

I understand that you're not particularly interested in tutoring people in programming add-ons to your software. I have had some basic classes in Javascript and C++ (the dreaded C++). I very much appreciate the information that you have already given me. I'm sure it is a difficult task, but others have done it. This will be a background project for me after several other projects that I have going on.

Thanks,
Mark
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4306.11 In reply to 4306.10 
Hi Mark,

> That's why I said that the question would be asked only
> if there were things selected when entering the command.
> However, that may not be enough to keep things clear.

Yeah the problem is that many people may not expect for the object selection to have any significant relevance when going to the Image command. So because of that they may happen to have some objects selected and then have that message pop up.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4306.12 In reply to 4306.10 
Hi Mark,

> I understand that you're not particularly interested in
> tutoring people in programming add-ons to your software.

Well, I think I will get there eventually - but I think I need to have somewhat more of the regular non-programming features more refined first before being able to do that though.

Another aspect that is difficult about concentrating on people making add-ons is that it tends to be difficult to make changes to the program structure when there are a whole lot of various external things that are depending on how things work currently. I want to refine things and add a bit more regular functionality first before I'll be really confident about locking things into place for a longer period which tends to happen with a focus on add-ons.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-9  10-12