Boolean Union problem
All  1-3  4-8

Previous
Next
426.4 In reply to 426.1 
Hi Matt, thanks, I'm glad you like MoI!

The reason for the union failure is that the cylinders inside the wheels are floating just a little bit in front of the back plane of the main wheel part, they aren't touching - here is a zoomed-in view from the top of one of those wheels:

You can see the dashed lines for the edge of the cylinder and the back plane, there is a bit of space in between them, the cylinder is floating in front of the back face a bit.

To make the union work, these objects must be touching each other - and it is usually not a bad idea to make them actually stick through each other a bit instead of only exactly touch, but they must at least be touching.

It also looks like there is a bit of a slant to the cylinder piece's face - maybe this was done as an extrusion of a very slightly off-axis circle? It might be a good idea to draw a new cylinder in there to get a really regular end on it.

It looks like you're having some fun creating stuff!

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
426.5 In reply to 426.4 
Thank you so much Michael. After Frenchy pointed that out I went back and did exactly that. As I figured, operator error.
I might as well apologize, in advance, for the slew of stupid questions to come, As I am completely hooked.

Thanks Michael

Matt
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
426.6 In reply to 426.5 
Well, no doubt you would have figured it out if MoI provided some information like "Objects do not touch", or something along those lines.

But I haven't quite figured out where to put such error feedback yet, and in some cases it is a bit difficult to determine the reason why something didn't work... So it might be a while before that can happen.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
426.7 In reply to 426.6 
How about just a generic place holder type of message such as,"Action was not completed." Just something saying it didn't work would be great, maybe a pop-up where the tool info is input? Or maybe the cursor changing to the "No Go" circle with a slash through it upon execution.
Your doing great stuff bro, like I said before, you've got me sold.

-Matt
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Good idea, but pĨeeeeease with someother sound....anything then microsofts default error soound....that booooooom
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-8