Rebuild
All  1-13  14-19

Previous
Next
4259.14 In reply to 4259.12 
< Also I don't see what is wrong with your sweep that you are trying to change - it seems like a good result already.
yes they are good but seems they don't perfect overlap due my test of different number of Control points on the circle!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4259.15 In reply to 4259.9 
Have you maybe been using some sweep or lofting tools recently in a polygon modeling program, like some of those SketchUp plug-ins or something like that, where you might need to be concerned about the particular number of points in the curves?

That's a kind of different situation, because in a polygon modeler you don't have a real curve and the number of control points also basically controls the number of segments within the curve since they're just lines in between each control point.

In a NURBS modeler like MoI that's not the same kind of a case - the number of control points in the curve and the number of sub-segments the curve is made out of are separate things.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4259.16 In reply to 4259.14 
Hi Pilou,

> yes they are good but seems they don't perfect overlap due
> my test of different number of Control on the circle!

If you want them to perfectly overlap, then you need to control the segmentation of the circle so that you will have a specific match for each piece of the cross to one piece of the circle.

So that means split the circle up into 16 segments using the Trim command - it doesn't have anything to do with making an equal number of control points!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4259.17 In reply to 4259.15 
Yes seems that is my confusion but rich of learning for the circle (symetric figure)
It don't gives the same result following his number of Control points (over the 12 by default)!

And of course for segments / Control Points :)
Thx for All !
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4259.18 In reply to 4259.17 
Hi Pilou,

> It don't gives the same result following his number
> of Control points (over the 12 by default)!

Yes, the "automatic segmentation" of the circle to match the 16 segments of the cross is slightly different between the original and the rebuilt circle.

That has to do with some various properties of the curve like its internal parameterization, you may also see a difference depending on which loft mode you use - either "Exact" or "Refit" for profiles.

But in either case if you want to control it specifically you can split the circle up into 16 pieces and that will then control how each piece of the cross maps to each piece of the circle. If the 2 curves have the same number of segments then it will match each segment to the other instead of doing an automatic segmentation of the circle.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4259.19 In reply to 4259.18 
All seems very clear now :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-13  14-19