Bug report
All  1-9  10-14

Previous
Next
4244.10 In reply to 4244.8 
Thanks guys for the newbie advice.

Yes, I know that nurbs is best for hard-surface stuff I'm going to work on first. I'm just trying to understand the field and looking ahead to the day when I want to model something organic like anatomy. In the real world I like sculpting and carving so maybe someday I may find myself playing with Zbrush.

When I get a little farther I'm going to start asking or searching the forums about realistic rendering. Just a warning!

Thanks again.

Jeff
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4244.11 In reply to 4244.10 
Hi Jeff,

> In the real world I like sculpting and carving so maybe
> someday I may find myself playing with Zbrush.

Yup, that style of brush-stroke-based deformation modeling is probably even closer to sculpting than box modeling.

There is a free and easy to use similar kind of tool called Sculptris which you may want to experiment with: http://www.sculptris.com/

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4244.12 In reply to 4244.8 
Guys, Thanks for pointing me to sculptris! It's amazing! It's what I imagined 3d sculpting should be like and I'm guessing other software (zbrush, mudbox, ...) are not similar. I don't have time to play with it much since I'm busy and trying to learn MOI in what little free time I have. One comment is that I'm guessing it would benefit a lot from using a wacom tablet. It was a little awkward trying to do some sculpting. I've never tried one a one.

Is there any benefit to using a wacom pen/tablet with MOI?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4244.13 In reply to 4244.12 
Hi Jeff,

> Is there any benefit to using a wacom pen/tablet with MOI?

MoI does not make any use of pressure sensitivity so there isn't really anything along those lines that you would specially gain by using a tablet with MoI. The main plus would just be if you have spent a lot of time previously drawing with a pen or pencil and having something similar to that to grip and manipulate feels very natural to you.

MoI's tablet features are more about not doing things that normally get in the way of tablet use, like needing to touch the keyboard all the time or having too tiny of icons that are hard to hit with a stylus. But these features don't _require_ a tablet, they just avoid making things difficult for using a tablet.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4244.14 In reply to 4244.12 
> Is there any benefit to using a wacom pen/tablet with MOI?
Some are when you are artist and draw with the Free curves functions ;)

Another one is when you are on on working buildings sites with some special latop with pen graphic
that is very confortable!

And last when you are along your swimming pool in a lounch chair for some artistic exploration with only your tablet like Cintiq ;)

It's a pure joy ;)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-9  10-14