Graphics card freezing
All  1-4  5-6

Previous
Next
4233.5 In reply to 4233.3 
Hi shayne,

> the file I am opening is 12.8mb

That's not really very big - unless you have possibly set your display mesh settings to extremely high - what do you have for the setting in MoI under Options > View > Meshing parameters > Mesh angle ? You really shouldn't have anything under 10 degrees in that setting.

> and works fine on my work pc which is 1/2 as
> powerful as this one,

Well, being more powerful or not doesn't really have anything to do with things crashing or not - maybe I have misunderstood what you mean by "freezing" though - do you mean that it is displaying things but it is sluggish, or do you mean that the program completely locks up and doesn't respond to anything at all?

> I have attached screen shots of my graphics card set up for 3d
> does directx or explorer affect how it displays ?

Like vodkamartini says, you really should leave those settings to be all application controlled instead of forcing them to certain values for MoI - certain things particularly anti-aliasing can interfere with MoI's selection mechanism if it is forced on even when MoI has requested it to be off.

But maybe you can clarify what exactly you're seeing - when you say "freezing" what do you mean exactly? EDIT: oops I see that you did describe it, I missed that sorry.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
4233.6 In reply to 4233.1 
Hi shayne, sorry I didn't read closely enough and I previously thought you were running into some kind of crash where the whole app was just completely locking up.

So for a kind of stuttering problem, turn off all those various settings that you've got forced on for MoI and make them all just application controlled, and also take a look at what you have set in MoI under the Options dialog under Options > View > Meshing parameters > Mesh angle.

The default value for Mesh angle is 10 degrees, which actually already makes quite dense display meshes.

If you went in and lowered that setting to some smaller angle, that could cause really super dense display meshes to be created which will bog things down by quite a bit.

Do things behave smoothly with the display when you don't have anything loaded at all?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-4  5-6