MoI need to be Open-source...
All  1-2  3-6

Previous
Next
4226.3 In reply to 4226.2 
Thank you Micheal for your feedback, you are very nice and thoughtful, I will appreciate your decision and I hope you don't upset with my post.
I understand what you mean and definitely agree with you in many parts, 3dsmax/Maya is a good example of negative side effects from growing too fast and releasing immature beta(pig) releases every year (+ few servicepacks only a week after ;/), honestly Autodesk messed up both Max and Maya.

It's good to see you working on more advanced features and never trying to compete with similar packages, that's a big point to me.
Sadly I find MoI about 2 weeks ago and I'm using Alternate trial version for now, so I don't have much information about MoI's development in the past, I'm so sorry if I judge quickly without much information. (PS I didn't know MoI is your serious business)

Now MoI's dev-cycle and roadmap is more vivid to me.
I'm looking forward to v3 and I'm sure you rock it like always!
Sorry for language again,
Best regards
Nima

EDITED: 26 Apr 2011 by NIMA

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4226.4 In reply to 4226.3 
Hi Nima,

> so I don't have much information about MoI development in
> the past, I'm so sorry if I judge quickly without much
> information.

No problem! For a good overview, check out here:
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/doc/V2releasenotes.html

That's a collection of all the release notes for every v2 beta release, by looking over that you can see exactly what happened from version 1 to version 2 - there was quite a lot of stuff added for v2, but with very minimal UI bloat! :)

It won't be too much longer before v3 gets started in a similar way.

There is a discussion thread here about people's top requests for v3:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3628.1

If you have some particular features that you'd like to see in v3, you could make a top 5 list and post it to that thread - that discussion thread is definitely going to be a major influence for v3 features.

Just jamming lots of features in too rapidly is a pretty surefire way to turn a nice and streamlined UI into a very messy and chaotic one, which is kind of the regular way that programs change. But it's a big focus for MoI to retain it's nice streamlined UI so that's why just plain speed of changes is not particularly a big focus for me...

Thanks,
- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4226.5 In reply to 4226.3 
> (PS I didn't know MoI is your serious business)

Yup, I've been working on it full time for the past 7 years.

Some people assume that since it is easy to use that it must have been easy to create as well, but the funny thing is that it's exactly the opposite - it takes a lot lot more design effort to make something easy to use than just piling features together.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4226.6 In reply to 4226.5 
Completely understand and Agree with everything you said above, good to know I have this chance to make 5 wishes for MoI 3!
I love Genius minds with high self-esteem, lots of respect to you!
Cheers
Nima
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-6