saving files

Next
I too just found this site looks so much eaiser then rhino. My first question to the forum would be when I saved my file in my moi folder on my desktop when I went to open it it opened in rhino why is that, and how do I get it to open in moi so I can continue to work on my design
thanks
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
420.2 In reply to 420.1 

Maybe I am wrong, but seems to me that you can just make an Drag and Drop an objects selected Moi --> Rhino (or inverse) :)
Try it and tell me (I have not Rhino)

---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
420.3 In reply to 420.1 
Hi Pat, it sounds like you opened the file by double-clicking on the icon for the file on your desktop.

The easiest way for you to continue with your work is to run the MoI program first (start it by going to Start / All programs / MoI beta) , and then use the File/Open command inside of MoI to open your file and continue working on it.

The way Windows works, is that it associates a particular editing program with every file extension, in this case the file extension (the ending part of the file name) is .3dm .

Rhino is set up to handle .3dm files, so any time that you try to open a .3dm file directly from the desktop, it will go to Rhino.

There isn't any way to tell Windows that some .3dm files should open in Rhino, and others should open in MoI, it's just a limitation of Windows that it will only launch one single program if you double-click on an icon.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
420.4 In reply to 420.3 

< it's just a limitation of Windows that it will only launch one single program if you double-click on an icon.
And very difficult to change if the program has the same name! (previous version by example)
The only solution that I found is to rename the previous version !!!

---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All