Fonts in MoI
All  1-13  14-16

Previous
Next
4172.14 In reply to 4172.13 
Hi YHWH_777, yeah actually I was able to find a few .otf fonts to download to test with.

But just in general I like to test with a specific file that someone was reporting a problem with just to verify that the specific thing they were reporting is actually dealt with, that's why I was asking previously about if that one particular font was available. It's ok if it's not though (or if you don't know where it specifically came from which sounds like the case), you can test that particular font yourself when the v3 beta comes out with the updated font code in it.

One of the general steps for dealing with bug reports is to try and gather up the stuff involved with the report so that I can make sure that I'm replicating the same problem over here. That doesn't always have to happen, but I will usually ask to receive any data files that the problem is dependent on just as a general policy, particularly when there is some variation in the types of data involved like in this case .otf files are not all the same and come in some different varieties. If all the .otf files I happen to test with are all of the same variety then maybe I won't find a problem in processing the other type.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4172.15 In reply to 4172.14 
Hi Michael,

I'd just recently downloaded a font that was for Free & also a Demo to encourage a further purchase.
It wasn't until I'd unzipped it that I realised it was an Open Type font.
I've a number of them already installed in my Systems Font folder so didn't think much about it.
Loaded this one in & opened MoI to use this particular font & found it wasn't listed there?
That was when I suddenly remembered that MoI only read True Type fonts.

My next tactic was to try using the font in Xara Xtreme & then Save it out as a AI-EPS file for Import back into MoI.
My version of Xara is reasonable old (V2), but it does read all the other Open Type fonts.
To my surprise, Xara also wouldn't/couldn't see this same font?
In the end I put it all down to a bad joke & gave up on this particular font & used something else.

But now reading all this info about OTF fonts potentially causing problems in MoI, I'm now wondering if the font concerned is actually an OTF?
Although it never actually got loaded into MoI to cause me any kind of problems, maybe it's still worth taking a look at it?
I've attached it just in case it might prove useful or some help with your tests for the V3 Betas.

regards Colin

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4172.16 In reply to 4172.15 
Hi Colin, yup that one is an OTF and it's that secondary variant of OTF (called "PostScript outlines") that MoI doesn't currently read.

This will be a good test file for me, thanks!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-13  14-16