An unpleasant experience with Bunkspeed

Next
Mr. Gibson, please use your judgement as to the appropriateness of this anecdote and/or rant.

I've been busily using MoI for some time now to design my little toy tanks and spaceships, and sometimes I like a good render. Bunkspeed's Hypershot is exceptionally easy to use, freeing my brain time to concentrate on modelling and production. I purchased their 'web' version, which produces relatively small images, but these are appropriate for miniature development. I paid $300 for this particular version.

You can see some examples at http://s693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/Otterman4/Starfire%20source%20art/Starfire%203D%20models/#

I switched to a new computer last week, but as Bunkspeed uses the typical web activation/license server technique, I had to send them an email asking to pretty-please turn my property back on.

A salesman replied within a few days informing me that I had to purchase a $700 upgrade to their latest product. That earned him an unhappy email, and he counter-offered with a free upgrade, but I had to subscribe to their $200 yearly maintenance program.

This made me quite unhappy, and I severed our business relationship and resolved to buy another company's renderer.

Conclusion: buy from Bunkspeed if you want to lose your money.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4145.2 In reply to 4145.1 
Yenmonger,
Your hypershot web license is a file in the hypershot-bin directory named "hypershot.lic"

If you just do an install, then copy that file to that directory, it will be your licensed version... No need to contact them...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
4145.3 In reply to 4145.2 
Where have you been all of my life?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options