Screen Calipers at Bitsdujour

Next
hi all

just saw this on Bitsdujour:

"Screen Calipers are a unique on-screen measurement tool, that let you measure anything on your computer screen with complete accuracy."

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/screen-calipers/

at ~9$ per license, it's kind of a bargain and might come in handy for some of you. i use them mainly for measuring blueprints and scans.

best wishes,
marco
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4127.2 In reply to 4127.1 
what does thos app measure? the pixels in the screen? how do the app know whats the real size in real?
i mean if i measure a car on a photo. does i shows me the pixelsize? or the real lenght of the car? if it measure the pixels i can code my own app in basic to do this. i dont have to pay 10$ for this crap.
just for a graphic-gimmic. but mac-users will buy it...
i also own a mac but i dont use it anymore. 24"imac looks nice but is slow and for windows u have much better and cheaper software.
and hardware. the spacepilot dont work corectly on a mac. only 2 buttons are available. alot reasons to switch back ton windows.
but thats not the topic....
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4127.3 In reply to 4127.2 
Hi Blackbird,
The tool from Iconico can be set to any units.. The actual size would have to come from a known reference on the screen...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I use Iconico screen calipers all the time in several graphic apps. Works with any app because it sits on top of your screen.

It measures pixels, but you can calibrate it to any unit of measurement. If you want 88 pixels to read out as 12.5 feet or 0.014 inches, no problem.

It rotates, making it nice for measuring the length of an object that is on a angle.

Ed
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Iconico also makes a protractor and compass:

http://www.iconico.com/
  Reply Reply More Options