Feature suggestions
 1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-120  …  201-214

Previous
Next
In the same order of idea
The funny thing of your Boolean treatment is we can put any lines around the object and make the boolean diff in the same time! (lines here erased)

So something cool will be a function "explode" from a central point for automaticaly separate the objects created :)

Ps Object can't be move also by arrows key?
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery

EDITED: 10 Mar 2007 by PILOU

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
412.62 In reply to 412.61 
> The funny thing of your Boolean treatment is we can put any
> lines around the object and make the boolean diff in the same
> time! (lines here erased)

Yup, you can use any number of cuts at the same time.

> So something cool will be a function "explode" from a central point for
> automaticaly separate the objects created :)

This and the sort of "slide like array dir" are definitely cool ideas!

But I think it will be a while before I will be able to work on them though, there are some other more basic things I should fix up before that.

> Ps Object can't be move also by arrows key?

Not yet... But that is another good feature that will come sooner or later. I'm not sure if this one will get into V1 or not yet.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
A button or icon or Shortkey for "Reset" on the all view in the same time
---
Pilou
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
412.64 In reply to 412.63 
Hey Pilou, it has been done by Michael...

- View / Reset All
or
- A right-click on a viewport's "Reset" button
or
- Shortcut - e.g. Alt+R=script:moi.view.resetAll();

Petr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
412.65 In reply to 412.64 

Thx! I had missed this one :)
Syndrom of the "robed" letter by Edgar Poe :)

---
Pilou
My Gallery

EDITED: 15 Mar 2007 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Does exist something during the selection when you have make a first choice (Object, Face, side, curve...) except the "general selection"
Existing : first selection, you move over something that "enlight" and you must click for select
It will be cool if that selection will just after the first click "move over" + Shift (without click) = Selection ! (and keep of course the click for unselect / select single thing )
It's more easy to press or keep pressed a key than a click (pen graphic has generally one or two button = shift or other key) for don't touch the keyboard :)
---
Pilou
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
412.67 In reply to 412.66 
Hi Pilou, there isn't anything currently for this, but it is an interesting idea.

It sounds related to a "selection painter" tool. A "selection painter" would be a selection tool that you could activate and then click and drag and everything that your mouse encounters during the drag would become selected.

If this was available as a dedicated tool, then that tool could be used by pen-tablet users, and that would make it easier to have something like shift+drag be an alternative method to activate that tool.

But one thing that might be better is to have Shift+drag always activate the secondary selection mode, like for instance right now it is the rectangle area select. This is because sometimes you might want to use this type of selection in a crowded area where you don't have an empty spot to click on which is normally how it is triggered. Then there could be a setting for what the current secondary selection operation is, like rectangle, lasso, selection painter...

However it will be a while before I'll be able to experiment with actually adding any of this though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

Is there any reason to (1) exclude Hide command from Undo stack and (2) preserve it from repeating by right-click in the viewport?

Could it be possible to leave object(s) selected after joining or separating them using Join/Separate command?

Petr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
XAML Export would be a nice feature. I'm sure it doesn't fit the 80/20 rule (yet), but there is a XAML (pronounce 'zamel') future and in the coming years I expect most contending apps will provide some support. I'll bet that Michael knows all about this technology! :-)

XAML's 3D objects are SVG-like and it seems there's a push that will attract game developers. At the moment there are computer performance issues regarding screen redraws/aninmations (video hardware is not being leveraged well as yet), but this will be cleared-up soon enough. Anyway, this is just a though for accessing additional verticals ($$$) if you know what I mean.

-Haik

Keywords: XAML, Microsoft, WPF, Windows Presentation Foundation
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
412.70 In reply to 412.68 
> Is there any reason to (1) exclude Hide command from Undo stack
> and (2) preserve it from repeating by right-click in the viewport?

Hi Petr, this is not really done intentionally, it is kind of a side effect from the way that Hide works, since it is a bit of inline script instead of being a true command.

It is set up this way so that you can hide/show objects while you are inside some other running command.

But a side effect of this is that it doesn't get the undo handling or right-click repeat, both of which are handled automatically only for true commands.

Eventually I should be able to tune this up, but I think it will be like this for V1.

> Could it be possible to leave object(s) selected after joining or separating
> them using Join/Separate command?

This should be pretty easy to do, I guess I had better make the objects flash so that there is a visual cue that something happened to them. I'll see if I can get to this after I have finished cleaning up Blend.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
412.71 In reply to 412.69 
re: XAML

Hi Haik, I have been following the XAML/WPF technology somewhat.

It will probably be a while before I'll be able to add this in, file format work in general can tend to be a bit finicky, just because it needs a lot of testing. For the V1 release I'm only planning on trying to add AI support to the current file formats.

For a future version past V1 I want to make it easier to have a plug-in system so that different exporters can be developed as plug-ins more easily.

One thing that is kind of weird about WPF 3D is I don't understand why they didn't build in support for directly reading in a couple of the most common 3D file formats, like .3ds or .obj for example. It is fine to have an internal mesh object representation that can be specified with XAML, but it seems like it would be quite convenient to leave things in a common file format and have XAML or WPF code read those files in directly...

Maybe if WPF 3D gets used more often they will add this in and then XAML export would not be really necessary...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
412.72 In reply to 412.71 
Yeah, I agree with you on the direct integration of known/established 3D formats. That would open WPF up a lot.

As far as it goes now is the XAML tool "Expression Blend" will import .OBJ files. From there it's all XAML with no path back. Thanks for thinking about it!

-Haik

ref- http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/Expression-Blend/default.mspx
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
412.73 In reply to 412.72 
re: XAML.

It's just rather odd that you have to convert at all.

Imagine if you had to convert every bitmap image file into a "XAML" bitmap first before you could use it!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hum hum :)
As we can have images with background transparent inside Moi
Is not possible to have an automatic drawing of extern curves (and internal if another transparent aera inside) of the Object directly in Moi?
As Moi is so speedy to modelize, we are inclining to become some lazzy :D (I have moved all on the image so nothing is aligned!)
---
Pilou
My Gallery

EDITED: 20 Mar 2007 by PILOU

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
412.75 In reply to 412.74 
> Is not possible to have an automatic drawing of extern curves (and
> internal if another transparent aera inside) of the Object directly in Moi?

You mean making MoI automatically trace the contours of your bitmap to generate curves?

Unfortunately that's pretty difficult to do well... It would take quite a long time to come up with something. Maybe someday.

Once there is AI format support you should be able to use other existing tracing software though, I think that there are a few different things out there for automatic tracing for 2D illustration programs.

-Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
412.76 In reply to 412.75 

< You mean making MoI automatically trace the contours of your bitmap to generate curves?
Yes :)
So yes we can use exten vectorized prog as soon as ai format exist :)

---
Pilou
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
A simple curves "Formula Creator" (2D or 3D)
maybe not so sophisticated than this free one :) http://k3dsurf.sourceforge.net/
but something for sinusoïd, helicoïd, ...etc http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_curves
---
Pilou
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
412.78 In reply to 412.68 
> Could it be possible to leave object(s) selected after joining or
> separating them using Join/Separate command?

This one is now set up for the next beta.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Id like to see the icons for adjusting the view at the bottom of the perspective viewport removed. I find the mouse commands for changing view very easy and convenient to work with, and the icons only take up space and get in the way.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
412.80 In reply to 412.79 
HI Arquebus - you can (nearly) completely remove them by deleting this UI file from your installation:
C:\Program Files\MoI beta Mar-9-2007\ui\ViewControls.htm

Right now there will still be a tiny rectangle left over after removing that, but I will see if I can tune up the next beta so that if you remove that UI file there won't be anything down there at all.

However, there are 2 important controls on that panel for zoom area and reset in addition to zoom/pan/rotate.

Even if you use the mouse commands for zoom/pan/rotate, it is still quite useful to have these other 2 commands available.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-120  121-140  …  201-214