strange export
All  1  2-3

Previous
Next
4070.2 In reply to 4070.1 
Hi eric, if I remember right Octane is somewhat sensitive to the scale of the objects that it likes.

Maybe try scaling your model down by 1/10 in size and maybe also move it to be centered around the origin, your object is a little ways off to the right of the origin currently.

Does it work better in Octane when it is centered around the origin and shrunken down in size a bit?

Maybe Octane is not automatically fitting the view to see the object, if the camera in Octane is looking only at the 0,0,0 origin point your object probably will not show up on the screen. Is there a "fit to view" or "view reset" type function in there that you can use to relocate the camera to focus in on your model?

I cannot find anything actually wrong with your model or with the OBJ export data itself, the OBJ file saved out from your model seems to go fine into Cinema4D for example.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
4070.3 In reply to 4070.2 
Thanks, Michael ...
I appreciate your checking my model .. Others I tried worked well and with no problem so I wondered if this one was faulty.
I did finally get it to show up. I centered it and it finally showed up about the size of a small pea.
From then on it was just a matter of zooming in and then Octane did its job quite well . It is a good, fast renderer
though I find it a little difficult to use so far.
I probably should read the manual more carefully :)
cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-3