Shortcut keys problem V2
All  1-2  3-6

Previous
Next
4021.3 In reply to 4021.2 
Thanks Michael

Ah - yes, actually typing "F12" for example rather than pushing the key works, although before posting I did try that with no luck, because of the below probably:

The dialog box does seem somewhat temperamental - this seems to be whats happening:

1] press add - type shortcut letter - tab to go to next input box to type command - ok

2] press add - type shortcut letter - tab to go to next input box to type command - decide to edit shortcut letter - shift+tab to go to previous input box - ok

3] press add - type shortcut letter - click next input box to type command - requires double click to begin to type

4] press add - type shortcut letter - double click to type command - decide to edit shortcut key - requires double click to edit

Even though the cursor will sometimes begin to blink in either edit box (indicating the box has focus?) it still requires a double click to be able to type anything - and, sometimes the edit box will accept input even though a blinking cursor is not visible...

cheers
rabbit
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4021.4 In reply to 4021.3 
Ahhh - I think the problem is that I am using a wacom tablet (intuos 4 PTK-640)...

When i just park the pen, and use only a mouse, then everything is fine. - I guess its is some sort of incompatibility within the wacom software...

cheers
rabbit
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4021.5 In reply to 4021.4 
Hi rabbit, hmmm yeah it sounds like wacom is doing something a bit different than the regular mouse that messes up those inputs.

At some point in MoI v3 I will likely be rewriting the shortcut key editor to actually work more like you had expected initially (where you will push the actual shortcut key itself to define which one you want to set), and a different editor structure will probably avoid this kind of inline editing problem because it will probably pop up a little dialog that says "type the key you want to assign" or something like that rather than being an inline edit control.

But I guess until then you've found a workaround of using the regular mouse to adjust those settings.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Hello,

Do you have your regular function keys set or the secondary FN set engaged?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-6