Understanding the Network command
All  1-6  7-9

Previous
Next
4014.7 In reply to 4014.6 
Michael,

Thanks for explaining this.

One more question.....Is there a way to select only the original curve objects for hiding or deletion after creating the surface? It seems I have to hunt for the correct curve and risk deleting the surface I just created.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4014.8 In reply to 4014.7 
Hi David,

> Is there a way to select only the original curve objects
> for hiding or deletion after creating the surface?

They'll actually still be selected immediately after running the Network command, so that's the easiest time to do something with them. You won't need to do any kind of extra selection steps if you deal with them right at that time.

> It seems I have to hunt for the correct curve and risk deleting
> the surface I just created.

Curves have a higher selection priority than surfaces when selecting by clicking, so if later on you want to select them just move your mouse nearby them and click, the curve will get selected in that case and not the surface.

That's actually one of the reasons why it is good to hide them, because they can tend to get in the way since they get selected more easily than surfaces.

You can also use the Scene browser to select all curve objects in the model, to do that, bring up the scene browser panel (click the Browser button in the bottom of the window), and go to the Types section and click on the text there that says "Curves" - that will select all curve objects in the model:

Click on the text part of the line there to select all curves, or if you just want to hide them click on the eye part of the line to hide them all with one click.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
4014.9 In reply to 4014.8 
Awesome!

Thanks again