Simlab animation contest submission
 1-9  10-21

Previous
Next
Very cool Burr, I know exactly how long that would of taken, you can tell you've put a lot of effort into this, I had no time to submit anything so all the best and may a MoI user be the victor.

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4007.11 In reply to 4007.9 
Hi Michael,

"""Do you happen to remember the name of the open source project that is being used to help with that?""""""""

http://ffmpeg.org/

I dont know if they use this system to help with developing the sequencial bitmaps out of the timeline, but i think its the app that you launch to create a movie from the folders of sequenced bitmaps.. It may also be for the sequence also, but not sure...

Like since you have access to capturing the viewport from the camera in MoI, you could probably compile those viewport captures at some type of framerate and save the jpg's to a folder as a "render", then the "create movie" would be this app. So MoI's animation of your model!!!! I think they have licensed keyshots guy's as the actual real renderer.

EDITED: 28 Jan 2011 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4007.12 In reply to 4007.10 
""""""I had no time to submit anything so all the best and may a MoI user be the victor."""""""""

Hey Danny,
I was worried you were sandbagging and going to come in with your "camera model" and do some killer walkthroughs of your house!!!! I think that would have been a contender! It's tedious to do the animated texture though... You have to create the sequenced bitmap from your real life video, then apply the texture, 1 by 1, to each frame... The video of the moon at my house took a bit to do.. I think it's 80 frames...

Anyway, theres so much more I wanted to do to it, but didnt get started till very late in the game...

MoI IS great, isnt it? I didnt have to pre-plan too much going into it. Just make it up on the fly...As something was needed, just flip on the inspiration and make/export it over.

BTW: Did you notice the extensive use of your fellow Aussie???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_gJR84SGs8

EDITED: 28 Jan 2011 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4007.13 In reply to 4007.12 
Hi Burr,

> Did you notice the extensive use of your fellow Aussie???

To tell you the truth, It did seem familiar but I didn't pick it until you posted the youtube link, not really a fan.

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4007.14 In reply to 4007.13 
I made a PDF submission also..

Anyone interested in viewing:

http://www.i386group.com/simlab/sim_pod/sim_pod_4.pdf
16.25 mb

Probably best to do a save-as on the link first.... My little guy was a heavy model brought in, and didnt do much sampling to get the poly count down.. May re-do him later, as a lab on the simlab software... :o
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4007.15 In reply to 4007.14 
I rendered the little guy and made a second submission to the render catagory:

http://www.i386group.com/simlab/sim_pod/pod.html

I was thinking he was going to come in and stomp on a bunch of andy's that were running in and out of those epilogue text block in the other video, but just didnt get started soon enough...

I guess I could have named the little andy"s something like "UI", as a symbol to Miguel!!!!!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4007.16 In reply to 4007.15 
Very nicely done. That is quite the jump!

Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Some really good work there BurrMan!

I purchased SimLab Animator a while back. - No time to play, just some quick 360 views on the turntable of jewelry I made in MoI.

My favorite is the bubble effect in your Mag Lev Dog video. Would REALLY like to know how you did that :)

What post software are you using? I have Adobe After Effects and want to get going on some MoI, Keyshot, Simlab Animator & After Effects compositions for my web site re-design.

Good luck on the contest!

Ed
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4007.18 In reply to 4007.17 
Hi Ed... There are no post operations on what you see. Since it's a contest for Simlab, that would not be allowed... Everything is straight out of SimLab...

The "Bubble"???? Do you mean the Cars Top???

It's just this piece, with the "Clear Glass" material applied...

I got a late start in the contest.. Didnt know it was happening as i didnt spend much time there.. I wasnt really using it yet.. Then they sent out an email about the "extention".. I hemmed and hawed for a couple more weeks, then decided to jump in...

I dont really care for the "built in pre-mades" it has..( round table etc ) The motion just doesnt seem very good...Too Static. Like Midi Music.. I would just animate the camera myself.

Did you know that the renderer for Simlab is the "Luxon, or KeyShot" engine??? It's the same thing, just without the real time raytracing.. So you have to do the old, sit and watch squares render out.. lol But still great output!!! I want to suggest they try to link up with luxon still, so if you own the pro version of it, it could use that engine instead.. May not be possible.. If it can, I may switch to Keyshot from HyperShot...

I'de be glad to discuss anything about the project with you.. Maybe should get into detail in the Simlab forum, if you wanted to know particulars about it...

Thanks for the compliment!!!!

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Slime line car!
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
BurrMan - I was referring to this portion of your animation:

I'm impressed you compiled the video straight from Simlab without using post software- There definitely needs to be some sharing of animation information on their forum :)

I have both Keyshot & Simlab because Keyshot has only basic turntable animation. The downside of Simlab is that they don't use the realtime feature of the Keyshot render engine. So getting the desired outcome takes some trial & error.

For what it's worth, Keyshot mentioned in a recent post they are working on an animation product for ver 3. I wish they would just license the animation portion from Simlab as it works well.

Anyway, further discussion on this belongs in the Simlab forum, but it's great to see what people are doing with MoI models.

Ed
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4007.21 In reply to 4007.20 
OIC.
That is a sphere with glass material again, and an "actual bunch of andy's" inside of it with a light.. The segment from where the ball lands in the hand, to the end of that closeup (maybe 4 seconds?) took 20 hour's to render!!! LOL
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-9  10-21