Default styles
All  1-2  3-11

Previous
Next
Sorry I didnt mean that, about the default styles. I think your second answer, answers my question, how to make a list of default styles for having there every time I open MoI.

If im right for doing that you have to make a template file, how do I make that??
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3994.4 In reply to 3994.3 
Hey Ed,
So here is the description:

http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/moi_command_reference1.htm#opentemplate

I think it's just a regular MoI file, setup as you wish, then saved somewhere..

So create your template file, then save it in a directory, where you can either do the right clcik on the open button, or specify in the ini file...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
thanks burrman but how do i create that template file, i just open MoI and change the styles i want and saved it and then load it as a template file but it didnt work.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3994.6 In reply to 3994.5 
Hi Ed,
I just tried both ways over here and it works..

So I open a new MoI and add a new style called "Ed".. Then I save the 3dm file somewhere.. I close MoI and restart it.. If I right clcik on "Open" in the file menu, I get an open file dialogue and I select that file.. My document then has a style in it named Ed.. If I then go to the options-general tab, and select the file from the template file box, then everytime I open MoI I have a style named Ed in it...

Are you by chance using a different process? Be sure you are working with the right file name/location...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3994.7 In reply to 3994.1 
Hi Ed, so yeah the template file is how you change the default set of styles that will show when you start a new modeling session.

The way you do it is to set up the list of styles how you want it, and then save that off to a 3DM file. You can store this file anywhere you like, just put it in some place where you won't delete it later on.

Then in the Options dialog, in the General section click on the little "..." button for the Template file section, and then pick that 3DM file that you just saved.

With it set up like that, the default styles that are shown when you start a new modeling session will come from that 3DM file.

You can also set up other stuff like the 3D view location, whether it's a perspective or parallel view, some starting template objects, etc.. - whatever file data you want to have set up by default when you start up MoI.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3994.8 In reply to 3994.5 
Hi ed,

> thanks burrman but how do i create that template
> file, i just open MoI and change the styles i want and
> saved it and then load it as a template file but it didnt work.

When you say "load it as a template file", do you mean you put it in as the setting under Options > General > Template file?

Do you possibly have a typo in the file path or something like that?

Try pushing the little "..." button so that you can use the file picker to find the file to make sure you've got the name correct.

If that's still not working, can you let me know what file name and what folder you're putting it in? Maybe there is some bug that some kind of particular name with certain characters is not working correctly or something like that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks for the replies, i dont know what didnt work before, i used the "..." button in the options-general tab but i tried now and it did work, thanks!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Now I know what was the problem, I named the first template file, template.3dm, thats why it didnt work!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3994.11 In reply to 3994.10 
Hi ed - you can name your template file template.3dm if you want, but you have to put the entire filename including drive, path, etc... like c:\some folder\template.3dm in the options dialog if you just type the name in directly.

If you just enter in only "template.3dm" as the filename, it won't know what folder to go find it in.

When you use the "..." button it will fill in the entire path for the file you pick though, so it's easiest to use that button for setting it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-11