Pre-Types selection
All  1  2-4

Previous
Next
3971.2 In reply to 3971.1 
Hi Burr well there isn't any way to select something before it actually exists...

The edge display should not likely make or break an import anyway - hiding all the edges can speed up the number of frames per second of the display but hiding them should not have much impact on memory consumption. They're more compute intensive than memory intensive.

You can try making a coarser display mesh for the surface display though, to do that go to Options > View > Meshing parameters and set "Mesh angle" to 25 degrees and uncheck "Add detail to inflections" that will make a coarser surface display mesh and that one can help reduce memory consumption.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3971.3 In reply to 3971.2 
Yeah, I was grasping at straws.. I had set my display mesh to 40 and no inflections and would jump off at 1.6 gigs of ram or so.. I'm still on 32 bit xp...

They are large files, like 1.3 gigs and such....

It was a rediculous need anyway...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3971.4 In reply to 3971.3 
Hi Burr, yeah your best bet would be to go to 64-bit windows, that will then make twice as much memory available for MoI to use.

But a 1.3 gig file is extremely huge, it would probably work better to get it exported in some smaller different chunks instead of one single ginormous file.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-4