newby - weird radii - how to create for cnc cutting
 1-5  6-25  26-27

Previous
Next
3970.26 In reply to 3970.23 
Gary,

I like my Hybrid. It took about a month to build but at the end of the project I knew exactly what each part did and where to source a spare. It also gave me the confidence to do some modifications of my own. I drew up a new Z in MOI and cut it using my original Hybrid. It was my first project in aluminum and thanks to MOI everything fit perfectly. Re: downloading files into Cut 3D, it's a snap. When in MOI use the file save as command and select either stl or obj then import the file into Cut 3D. Unfortunately I seem to remember that the demo wasn't fully functional. I think you can only run files included in the demo.

Bob

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
3970.27 In reply to 3970.26 
BobK,

Thanks for the info on Cut3D. I really appreciate hearing from someone that is actually using a package.

I think that Vectric's VcarvePro is the best package that I came across. I had tried or bought and abandoned several packages before theirs and it is amazing how easy to use it is and how powerful it is for a 2 and a 2 1/2 dimension package. Their photo carving package does amazing things in wood as well!

I do find that the Cut3D package seems a little bare. I will probably buy it though as I know for a fact that it will work because it's from Vectric.

Thanks again,

Gary
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-5  6-25  26-27