Help! v2 window disappears after 4 minutes of running in Win7

Next
Hi Micheal,

First of all, great jobs is MoI, I love it and thank you for providing such wonderful nurbs tool for us ;)
But I was confused by a problem recently. It happens to v2 and I didn't try the v1 so dunno whether it dues to system affair. The problem is:
Whenever I launch MoI, it runs excellently and smoothly on my Dell Intel i5 laptop. But 4 minutes ie. ~240 sec. later (I get it with a timer), the UI suddenly disappears and can never bring back again!
Then I look into the task manager but it shows the moi.exe and moi_commandprocessor.exe is still there and seem still okay, but you know I cant bring up the window since it is only in the Process tab. When I shut down the system, MoI asks me whether to save the file was editing.
Such phenomena also features that:
a) Different MoI processes do NOT affect each other, several MoI just 'disappear' distinguish;
b) Window disappears at the 4th minute only when the window is showing. If I've minimized the window, it won't disappear from taskbar, but after the 4th minute I click the button on taskbar it disappears immediately.
c) It WAS okay in previous days but not recently, no major hardware or sys environment changed, small changes forgotten :(
d) I've uninstalled it, reinstalled, reactivated, but the same happens.
I cannot confirm the same problem happens to others, or is it a bug or config corruption. The system I'm using is: Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (32bit), Dutch/English both tried, ATI, Intel 4-core i5 processor, anti virus softwares disabled, no virus infected.

If you people have any ideas please tell me asap, I'm hurrying using the powerful and ever wonderful MoI, thanks!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3947.2 In reply to 3947.1 
Hi XP5 - the only way I can think how something like that would happen is if your installation was corrupted somehow. Make sure you're not running any kind of altered version of MoI like a crack for example.

If you can send me an e-mail with your license key in it, I can send you a new download link to the installer so you can be sure that you have a proper non-corrupted installer to start out with for re-installation.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3947.3 In reply to 3947.1 
Hi XP5, also you wrote:

> d) I've uninstalled it, reinstalled, reactivated, but the same happens.

Could you describe what you mean by "reactivated" though? There normally shouldn't be any kind of process like that after an uninstall and re-install, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by that part...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3947.4 In reply to 3947.3 
WHOOPS!

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3947.5 In reply to 3947.2 
Tyvm Michael,

Good news is the problems gone, but I got no idea around how that wud happen. What I've tried is many sys config restoration and even the logon taal profiles back to English, personalization reset, media player window off, and many now I consider effortless. I will notice the problem (hope not again) and keep on tracking.

Btw I'm still in the 30 day and will pay for a license if some of my friends accomplish, I'm just swanking MoI up to them ;) I was saying the problem repeats when activating the UI window from the taskbar button.

Happy new year Michael and everyone here, thanks!

- XP5
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3947.6 In reply to 3947.5 
Hi XP5, that's great that it's not happening anymore! From your original description it was sounding like a problem that only gets triggered with a cracked copy.

It could also be related to some video driver problem, sometimes bugs in video drivers manifest themselves in strange ways and the video drivers are so complex these days that it is not too unusual for there to be a problem there. If you run into it again you may want to update your video drivers to the newest version to see if that might possibly help.

Happy New Year!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All