Scene Management
All  1-4  5-7

Previous
Next
3877.5 In reply to 3877.3 
Hi Andy, I see what you mean now - for just hiding the edges, the second click as I described above works for that part, but then showing just the particular edges you want is where you have a problem.

But I think that it's possible that the scene browser can be modified a bit in v3 to solve this particular thing with sub-objects without needing to introduce some special overriding hide property like you were talking about previously.

Like you mentioned a shift+click could be a possibility or maybe just a single click on those particular sub-object types should look for this situation of visible parent objects that have some sub-objects hidden and flip all those particular sub-objects to be on with the first click. That would mean that it would then take a second click on it to show all edges, and a 3rd click to hide them all. I'll need to think about that a little bit.

In the meantime, it should be possible to set up a keyboard shortcut with a script on it that will do that one show operation that is currently missing. I'll cook up a script for that shortly and post it here.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3877.6 In reply to 3877.3 
Hi Andy, here's a script that should perform the edge showing operation that you wanted:

script: /* Show all edges of visible objects */ var breps = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects().getBReps(); for ( var i = 0; i < breps.length; ++i ) { var brep = breps.item(i); if ( !brep.hidden ) brep.getEdges().setProperty( 'hidden', false ); }

To set this up, go to Options> Shortcut keys, and push the Add button to add a new blank entry to the top of the list.

Then for the Key column, put in whatever key you want to trigger it, maybe E since it involves edges.

Then in the Command column on the right-hand side, paste in the above script.

Then after that you can type E (or whatever you set up as the key) to get the particular edges that you want to be shown - the script will only show edges on objects that are currently visible and not touch the edges on objects that are totally hidden.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3877.7 In reply to 3877.6 
Thanks! I will give this a try as soon as I get a chance.

Andy
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-4  5-7