Rhino Dimension help

Next
Sorry, a bit out of MoI but needed some help with getting some dimensions out into a dwg format..

Dimensions seem to be an entity other than just geometry.. My regular CAM package can do dims, but cant explode them or anything, so they are native and dont go out to any other formats..I dimmed the file in Rhino and saved it, but same thing with the dimensions missing from other file types..

I dont know Rhino well enough to pull out a command to get my dims as "geometry" or "explode" them to get them in a dwg file...

My original file is a 3D drawing that I brought into Rhino and did a Make 2D drawing on it, then did some linear-radius-angle dims on the lines.

Any help for me?? is there a method for this? If the file helps Michael, I'll send it to you so you can see what i'm trying to do....

Thanks
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3870.2 In reply to 3870.1 
Hi Burr,

> I dont know Rhino well enough to pull out a command
> to get my dims as "geometry" or "explode" them to get
> them in a dwg file...

There is an Explode command in Rhino which will do that - just select your dims, and type Explode and push Enter.

That should convert the dimension entity into several polylines and a "text object" entity. You can then select the text object and run explode again on it if you want to convert it also into just plain curves.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3870.3 In reply to 3870.2 
Ok, Thanks Michael... I didnt want to "experiment" with a bunch of stuff and knew someone here could help me out.. Thanks again!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All