uv settings
All  1-3  4-7

Previous
Next
Hammer,

If you use Modo you can use the pack UV command, which will take all those seperate UV tiles that span the whole UV space and "pack" them nicely so they all fit inside the UV space without overlapping. The pack command is also nice in that it sizes them to be proportionate to their actual space in 3D.

If you are wanting to paint your textures in Photoshop you might need to create new UV coordinates as the ones directly out of Moi are not laid out logically for painting. However if you are using a 3D painting tool this may not be an issue and the UV's straight out of Moi might suffice. I have been doing some tests painting some Moi surfaces inside Modo without re-doing the UV cooridnates and the results are suprrisingly good.

Andy
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3863.5 In reply to 3863.4 
Thanks Andy,

I did a trail on Modo a while ago but my old computer could not handle it. I have upgraded and may give it another try.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3863.6 In reply to 3863.4 
But Moi surfaces actually use the UVs for its shear existance, in modo UVs are mainly skindressing and sort of draped over the polygons and the geometry doesn't really care to much about them... which makes them easier to manipulate for texturing, yes it does.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3863.7 In reply to 3863.6 
Hi Kevin, yes that's true, but after you have converted your MoI model into polygons and import it into your rendering program, you are free to treat the UV coordinates just as skindressing then as well.

For example you can just delete the ones that MoI created and create a new mapping the same as you would for any polygon model, because you do have a polygon model at that point.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-7