Crash on Close.
All  1-2  3-6

Previous
Next
3856.3 In reply to 3856.2 
Okay, thanks for the information. I just finished an hour session and it didn't crash when I closed it, so maybe the problem fixed itself... At any rate I am really enjoying the software and will be purchasing within the next few weeks. Thanks for making nurbs accessible to us mere mortals, I foresee moi replacing much of my subdivision modeling work.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3856.4 In reply to 3856.3 
Hi Andy, well I'm glad that you didn't run into it again, but I'd still recommend updating your video driver just to make sure.

Also if you have an nVidia card you might go to the driver settings and see if there is a checkbox there called "Enable threaded optimizations" and disable it.

I'm glad that you are liking NURBS modeling with MoI! It's nice to have a NURBS modeling tool available to you, since it can be much easier and quicker to do mechanical or man-made type objects with NURBS.

Basically if the model you want to create is well defined by 2D profile curves and has holes and cuts in it, NURBS tends to work really well for that kind of stuff.

If your model is more organic in nature and has stuff like little bumps, ripples, and folds in it or stuff like that, then that's where sub-d is more suitable. Things like human faces, creatures, things like that are more in this category.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3856.5 In reply to 3856.3 
Hi Andy :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3856.6 In reply to 3856.5 
Hey. :) Good to see you here. Lot's of Modo users here from the looks of it.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-6