Problem solved!!! Subd -> nurbs
 1-20  21-25

Previous
Next
3854.21 In reply to 3854.20 
Yes, I personally find MoI much easier to work with than other programs. I have been doing fairly simple (though some have been complex) architectural modeling for about 25 years and MoI definitely speeds up my work flow. I rarely have to revert to other tools throughout the model building process. Love MoI and it gets better and better.
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3854.22 In reply to 3854.21 
Just my thoughts on the Rhino vs Moi thing.

I bought Rhino while I was a student for a very good price (they let you use it commercially too which is very nice of them). I tried to learn it however and always ended up feeling frustrated, it was just too different from everything I learned up to that point.

Fast forward about 3 years and I start to realize most of my personal work (mechanical modeling, ships, cars, bikes, planes) is much better suited to nurbs than SubD modeling (I can make SubD's do what I want and need, but it is painful sometimes) so I dig out my copy of Rhino and give it a whirl. Same old frustrations. Fast forward another 6 months and I discover Moi and for the first time nurbs just kind of click. I'm totally hooked now. :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3854.23 In reply to 3854.22 
It's also funny how learning MoI kindof opens up "RHINO"!! Although, rhino needs time put in to figure out the plethora..
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
True, I opened up Rhino yesterday just to see how my MOI model looked in Rhino. It definately clicked a bit more then it used to, but it's still just a massive program. I am sure if my needs ever outgrow MOI, I would be able to jump into Rhino relatively easily. I don't see that happening though as I'm not a car designer or industrial designer, or engineer, I'm an artist and I just want to get out the ideas that I have swimming in my head.

Andy
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3854.25 In reply to 3854.24 
Hi Andy,

Btw, in case you didnt know, you can just clipboard copy your models/curves (ctrl-C / ctrl-V ) between MoI and Rhino ;)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-25