Construction Lines....Again!
All  1-2  3-6

Previous
Next
3847.3 In reply to 3847.2 
Hi Pilou,

I haven't looked in to that script closely, I thought it was a custom script for a special purpose to help George out on a repetitive task that he uses often, isn't there some deleting involved after the circles are created ? If that's the case then I can just draw some lines in for the intersections and delete them later.

I was after something like, execute construction line script/command, draw some construction lines, drag item to intersection or mid point or whatever and upon release construction lines end.

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3847.4 In reply to 3847.3 
In general circles are used in any cases for find some tricky intersections
(in many artisanal craft, wood, stone etc...)
So I believe you can use it for obtain the intersections, and at the end of the session, you can erase all points in a one Browser selection movement ;)
limitation of the script : it works only in views plan! Not in 3D!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3847.5 In reply to 3847.1 
Hi Danny - there isn't any regular way to do that while in selection mode because dragging the mouse while in that mode performs the action of object dragging.

So it's not really possible for the drag gesture to do both object dragging and also construction line creation all at once...

I think it could be possible to make a script that would create a point picker and wait for it to be completed, and while a point picker is active you can create construction lines. But probably just the regular Move command would actually be more efficient...

> I was after something like, execute construction line script/command,
> draw some construction lines, drag item to intersection or mid point
> or whatever and upon release construction lines end.

I'd recommend just setting up the regular Move command on a shortcut key - the Move command will work close to what you are describing, just instead of dragging the object to move it, you click once to set the base point and then click a second time to set the target point.

A "construction line" script like you are describing would be more awkward than that because you would have to do something to end the construction line creation stage, like push Escape or click a point that did not really do anything to exit the point picker. There isn't any way for the script to read your mind and automatically know when you are finished creating construction lines and that you want to switch back to object dragging.

There is a construction line command that you can get from here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1029.1
which will let you set up persistent construction lines, I don't know if that would help.

But basically it is intended that you use object dragging for just quick & simple object placement, and if you need to do more involved stuff with construction lines or entering relative numeric values, etc that you would use the Move command instead which has all those bells & whistles available in it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3847.6 In reply to 3847.5 
Thanks Michael,

The Move command on the shortcut key will suffice, good idea actually!

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-6