1-3  4-23  24-43  44-63  64-66

Previous
Next
AssignName and AssignPresetName
work like a charm ! Bravo!
(so 2 new one to add to my Website :°)
http://moiscript.weebly.com/

Just a little question :)
Seem a same name can be assigned to different object!
like a cube is named jojo
and a sphere can be also named jojo
is that normal?

and another little : do you keep a list of scripts with date of creation?

In Windows French version we have also that!!! funny isn't it ? :)
c:\Program Files\ (in French)

EDITED: 28 Oct 2010 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.25 In reply to 3830.24 
Hi Pilou, great, I hope they will be useful!

> Just a little question :)
> Seem a same name can be assigned to different object!
> like a cube is named jojo
> and a sphere can be also named jojo
> is that normal?

Yup, that is intended that you can name objects whatever you want, including the same name for more than 1 object.

You can use that as one way to make clusters of objects - if you assign them all the same name then they will all be controlled by the same entry under the "Objects" section of the Scene Browser and that is also a way you can control making mesh objects at export time merged into larger mesh structures with the "Combine same named objects" option under Options > Import/Export.

What is it that you were expecting to happen if you named 2 objects with the same name, would it be better if MoI crashed if you tried to do that? ;)

> and another little : do you keep a list of scripts with date of creation?

Not currently, but in the future I want to make a kind of script repository type mechanism that would do that.

Petr has many of them collected here though:
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/

> In Windows French version we have also that!!! funny isn't it ? :)
> c:\Program Files\ (in French)

With that last updated version this should work ok now with the "Program Files" folder being in your own language.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.26 In reply to 3830.25 
< Petr has many of them collected here though:
I know that (because I made a sort of copycat of it :)

About the "same name" for different object : is that the same in Rhino ?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.27 In reply to 3830.26 
Hi Pilou,

> About the "same name" for different object : is that the same in Rhino ?

Yes, same thing in Rhino and many other programs. For example, I just tested in PaintShop Pro, Expression, and ViaCAD, and none of these have any problem with assigning the same name to more than 1 object.

It's just a label that you can assign as you wish to help you tag things.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.28 In reply to 3830.27 
Hi Michael,

>It's just a label that you can assign as you wish to help you tag things.

And more than a single label assigned to a object?
Example: an object (first label) can be a part of a bigger structure (second label) inside a project (third label) = finger_hand_body.
In this way I can select the object trough 3 different tags...in order to select it on its own or with other objects.

FiL

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.29 In reply to 3830.21 
""""""Chicken bun pose""""""""""""

I bet she drags around the floor like that!!!!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.30 In reply to 3830.28 
Hi FiL,

> And more than a single label assigned to a object?
> Example: an object (first label) can be a part of a
> bigger structure (second label) inside a project
> (third label) = finger_hand_body.

In V3 I want to add a mechanism for "Groups" which would enable this kind of hierarchical organization.

The basic idea is that a group would be a kind of container tag that would have a collection of objects and possibly other groups as its children.

Then the group would show up in the Scene Browser, either in its own Groups section or possibly just within the Objects section not quite sure yet, so you could manipulate it with the scene browser UI like hide/show/lock/select.

If you had nested groups then you would get a + symbol on different levels so you could expand and collapse them.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.31 In reply to 3830.30 
Hi Michael can you script this one , or tell me which file to edit I give it a try thank you.

EDITED: 29 Oct 2010 by BLYESS

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.32 In reply to 3830.31 
Hi lyes, it's not really possible to change the scene browser like that just with an external downloaded plug-in script, to alter things like that would require changes more directly to the scene browser mechanisms.

Also there are some difficulties with what you are showing, I'm not sure how certain things would work, I'll try to explain:

Re: Click to add selected to the named group - you're showing a color swatch there for each name. But the problem with implementing that is that there is no restriction for that name to only belong to a single object, it is possible for multiple objects to have that name and each of those objects can be assigned different styles. So there is not necessarily just a single color that is associated with a name, there can be multiple objects and therefore multiple colors associated with a name.

In the future I do want to add a kind of drop-down menu to each item with some additional actions on it, and one of those would be "Assign to this name". Until then the "AssignName" plug-in that was posted earlier in this thread can help out:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3830.4

re: Edit style - you can edit the color of a style currently by holding down Ctrl while clicking on its color swatch. That will open up a color picker so you can set the color.

Also another shortcut for editing a style is if you right-click on the style line in the Properties Panel:

That will pop up the "Edit style" dialog that lets you edit either the name or the color of the style.

re: Add style entry at the bottom of the list - there is already an entry for that on the style tools menu, to access it press this button here to launch the menu:

Then you will see the "Add new style" option on that menu, here:

It's also possible to set up a keyboard shortcut that will bring up the "Add new style" dialog box, to do that see this previous post:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2987.5

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.33 In reply to 3830.31 
Hi lyes, also re: having something show up when a particular item is selected - in v3 I'll probably be adding a selection indicator into the scene browser for that, most likely as a dot along the right-hand side of the entry. That would also probably be where you would click to do selection while clicking on the main text area will probably pop out a menu with some additional tools on it.

See this previous thread for some discussion on it:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3254.8

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.34 In reply to 3830.31 
Hi lyes,

> or tell me which file to edit I give it a try thank you.

Much of the scene browser logic is in compiled code directly in moi_lib.dll , so this particular part of the UI is not really something that you can edit directly.

One reason for that is the scene browser is not actually made up of much static UI, most of the stuff in side of it is created dynamically to mirror the structure and entities within the model.

It could be possible to add in new buttons to the very top or very bottom of the scene browser pane though, to do that you would edit the file BrowserPane.htm inside of the \ui subfolder if you have the browser in the separate pane mode, or you would edit the SidePane.htm file if you have the browser in the mode where it shows at the bottom of the main side pane.

There was a thread on this here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3768.1

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.35 In reply to 3830.32 
Hi Michael thank you for the short cut key tip I hop v3 will get better

ps:

in the browser : when objetcs with color A are hidden and you assign same color A to another object it become hidden

in the propety panel: when objetcs with color A are hidden and you assign same color A to another object it stay visible
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.36 In reply to 3830.35 
Hi lyes,

> in the browser : when objetcs with color A are hidden and
> you assign same color A to another object it become hidden
>
> in the propety panel: when objetcs with color A are hidden
> and you assign same color A to another object it stay visible

Yes, there is some extra stuff in the scene browser to make it kind of feel more like layers when working in there.

In the traditional kind of CAD layer system, when you assign an object to a hidden layer it becomes hidden since layers have their own on/off state separate from objects.

MoI doesn't quite work exactly the same as layers because in MoI only individual objects have an on/off state and not the layer (or style as it is called in MoI) itself. This is what makes it possible to have more than 1 organization view to work with objects, like both a Types section as well as a Styles and Objects section all at the same time, since each one works more by controlling a batch of object properties rather than each of these different mechanisms having its own private on/off states that would then conflict with each other. Like for example if you set all curves to be hidden under Types and then set Style=Red to be visible, that would then be 2 conflicting things applied to a red curve if the on/off properties belong to each Style and Type entry instead of it being a reflection of all the individual object properties.

But since some people are used to the layer mechanism where assigning an object to a layer makes it become hidden if the layer is hidden, MoI will kind of emulate that behavior when you are using the scene browser to assign the style.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.37 In reply to 3830.36 
It will be fine if all these concepts will be on a pedagogic conceptual image (schema (?)

something like this (but for Moi of course :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.38 In reply to 3830.37 
Hi Pilou, well what you are showing there is a mechanism for how different elements of a 2D image are composited together to make a final output image.

Layers in a 3D modeling program are not quite the same as that - the ordering of them is not so significant as it is for image compositing. They're used for whatever kind of model organization you want to do, not for controlling what is on top of another thing in the final combined image.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.39 In reply to 3830.38 
Of course, it was Fuji diagram ;) Nothing to do with 3D ;)
http://www.fujitsu.com/emea/services/microelectronics/gdc/gdcdevices/mb86297a-carmine.html
(first image that i found on the net ;)
Just for show an example of nature of pedagogic image!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.40 In reply to 3830.39 
Hi Pilou, it would take a lot of work to make a big diagram and I'm not sure it would really give you any information that I can't just write down.

Basically the way things works is that objects have a 'hidden' property which can be true or false. There are also similar properties like 'locked' or 'selected' for example.

You can manipulate these properties by selecting the object and running a command like selecting an object and pushing the Edit > Hide button will set hidden = true on all the selected objects.

The scene browser gives another way to manipulate these properties by some categories so you can do it by clicking on the eye icon in the scene browser entry instead of going to the viewport and selecting things in the model. The categories can represent a collection of objects, and the different sections of the scene browser focus on different kinds of categories.

The Objects section shows entries for named objects.

The Types section shows entries for different categories of entity types, like curves or solids.

The Styles section shows entries for which style an object is assigned to.

But each of these sections work in a similar way - when you click the eye icon on any entry for example it will switch the hidden property on all the objects that belong to that category.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.41 In reply to 3830.40 
Ok I will try to make a diagram as soon as i will be sure to understand totally the subject ;)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.42 In reply to 3830.41 
Hi Pilou, also there is a more extensive and detailed description of how the scene browser works in the help file topic for it here:
http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#scenebrowser

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3830.43 In reply to 3830.42 
yes thx :)
I am thinking of a comparative diagram Moi / Classical CAD
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-3  4-23  24-43  44-63  64-66