Array around Curve
All  1-2  3-6

Previous
Next
378.3 In reply to 378.2 
I have checked, sorry I was using the Dec Beta, I didn't realise, it was putting the first and last in the same place.

What I meant about sliding the objects around the curve is that you don't always want an even spacing, stonesettings for ovals tend to have more laws at the ends.

Tim.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
378.4 In reply to 378.3 
> What I meant about sliding the objects around the curve is that
> you don't always want an even spacing, stonesettings for ovals
> tend to have more laws at the ends.

I see... That will be a bit difficult to add directly into the array commands, because all the array commands are pretty set up around doing even spacing. For instance if you entered a distance "1.0" in the distance option, if you could drag an individual item around it would violate that distance you entered and kind of have a mismatch between the distance used and what it was saying in the UI...

Eventually I do want to have a different tool that will let you slide an individual object around a curve. But it will be a while before I can get to that.

In the meantime you can rotate an individual object into place, or here is a kind of shortcut: Do Array around curve and put in a pretty large number of items, like 200 or 300, and push Done. This gives you a pretty large number of choices of things that have been slid along the curve. Pick the ones you like and hit Edit/Copy (or Ctrl+C). Now undo to get rid of the large number of curves, and then do Edit/Paste (or Ctrl+V) to paste in the ones that you liked.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
378.5 In reply to 378.4 
Thanks Michael, I hadn't though of the bulk idea!

Tim.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
378.6 In reply to 378.5 
I've also got a bug fix coming for the next beta that makes it easier to rotate an object to line it up perpendicular to a curve. In the current beta the perpendicular snap doesn't work on the final pick for rotate, but this is fixed for the next beta release.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-6