ui code

Next
Michael,
I know it's not something that is supported yet, and since I'm such a noob i wont drag you over the coals looking to get too many details, but wanted to see if a quick explanation would help me get pointed right, or convince me to abandon...

I'm looking at controling this area where the "Scene Browser" is:

Though when I look in the sidepane, I get a bit lost as I cant navigate how things are working here... I can put a simple "Button" as I have with the edit panel and an icon to launch the "plugin gallery", but was trying to figure out the connect with the tree that appears below the scene browser so I can review and try to replicate what you have done here...

I find the placement here, and also place some text as shown, but dont see how the "Styles, types and names trees are presented..

Perhaps this is being done internally???

Any brief help is appreciated....

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3768.2 In reply to 3768.1 
Hi Burr, so all those tree portions of the scene browser are done internally - the scene browser itself is its own control and it puts all those tree things inside of it, with its own code.

The control itself is placed by this tag here:

If you wanted to add something below the scene browser tree stuff, you could put your stuff directly after that <moi:SceneBrowser/> tag (instead of in a whole separate PaletteBody container), like this:

That will look like this:

A lot of the Scene Browser stuff is populated dynamically according to what you have in the model anyway, like for example the Objects section gets filled up with entries for every named object in the model. So it would not really work for the scene browser to just be some static HTML only, it has to be filled in dynamically with stuff and so the whole scene browser including the top tree stuff is also filled in that way as well.

Does that help explain what you are seeing?

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3768.3 In reply to 3768.2 
Yeah, the internally explains it... I was just trying to follow to the ui files that were creating the tree stuff (The styles drop down) to use the same proceedures as was there...I'll fool around with creating my own tree thingy, as mine would be dynamic also...Not just a button..Dont know enough yet to know wether I can do what i want, but it will be a good project...

Thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3768.4 In reply to 3768.3 
Hi Burr yeah so right now those individual tree controls are not packaged up for use separately from the Scene browser, that's all just part of the whole scene browser control code.

So if you wanted a tree control for something else, there isn't anything pre-packaged in MoI to make that, you would need to create your own control for doing that.

That would involve writing script to manipulate the HTML DOM, like inserting images and text nodes in the HTML document. You can find out more about that by looking up stuff like "Dynamic HTML" or "DHTML" or things like that. One resource for that stuff would be here: http://www.w3schools.com/dhtml/default.asp

You also might try looking searching for something like "DHTML treeview control" for some examples, like here's one:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/scripting/dhtml_treeview.aspx

But the whole thing is pretty involved...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3768.5 In reply to 3768.4 
Thanks Michael....I hit the codeproject site yesterday....I appreciate the help.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3768.6 In reply to 3768.5 
Hi WIN7 glitch ui sorted : change commandsetcontainer value in sidepane html file
width from 100 to 105%

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All