Break SolidWorks IGES Assembly into pieces for Export
All  1-2  3-5

Previous
Next
3744.3 In reply to 3744.2 
Hi Ralf,
thx for the Info. The IGES import from SolidWorks is perfect. But i have over 400 Screws. I cannot select everyone and give it a new Object Name. Is there a chance to automate this?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3744.4 In reply to 3744.3 
Hi Chico, normally if you have a lot of objects that are not named at all, they should get an automatic separate name assigned to them at export time like "object1", "object2", etc...

But is it possible that all your pieces have names assigned to them already, that came in through the IGES import?

If that's the case and they all have the same name, then there is a setting for whether to combine objects with the same name as 1 mesh object or to keep them separate, the setting is under Options > Import/Export here:

If you turn that off, that may give you the behavior you want.

Also if you want to get rid of the object names, you can do that by doing a Select All, then click on the name field to pull up the name editor, and delete all the text on the Name: line and push OK - that should erase all object names, which should then give you the automatic name assignment at export time where you should get names like "object1", "object2", etc.. in C4D.

Please let me know if neither of those methods helps.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3744.5 In reply to 3744.3 
Hi Chico,

> I cannot select everyone and give it a new Object Name.
> Is there a chance to automate this?

Also, it is possible to automate assigning a different object name to each object by a script, but it should not be necessary to do that since the same thing should happen in the export to unnamed objects.

But if you do want a script to make all different names while inside of MoI, just let me know.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-5