My aircraft is finished

Next
Dear Forum-members,

Attached I send you some images from my aircraft project. Perhaps you like to see what can be modelled with MoI. I have to admit that I encountered many problems, but that is the case in most modelling programs I have tried. The only thing I have to hold against MoI is that it lacks some feedback in case a modelling step such as filleting or booleans is not succesfull. Some of the problems I encountered I specifically tried to reproduce in programs such as Rhino, Concepts 3D and SolidThinking. Of these programs Rhino was most successful in completing my - perhaps crazy - requests. Concepts 3D and SolidThinking often complained that I tried to do unreasonable things, such as using large fillets on small parts. But still I have to agree with almost all participants of this forum that the modelling speed with MoI is unbeatable, certainly for a beginner. I like it, I like it, and I don't know exactly why..... it just works the way I want it to work!

By the way, I rendered the scene in Cinema 4D 6CE plus. It is not perfect, I know, but I got tired adjusting the light properly to the lighting in the background shot. It kinda works this way.

Yours sincerely,

Ray.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Added to the Special Thread Gallery :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Ray,

Very nice work.
Is this a concept or do you plan on taking this to the prototype stage i.e. actually building a working model?

Again, very nice work.

Richard
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Ray,

Nice model. Do you plan to add more details (like metal plates, bolts). I'm asking because I wonder what's the easier method to add such details to (say) a plane, a tank or a car model. Would people add them in the actual geometry or would they "simulate" them with bump maps ?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
373.5 In reply to 373.4 
Dear Richard and Schbeurd,

Thanks for your comments. With regards to your questions:

- It is not a concept but a real aircraft. The prototype just started flying at the end of last year. You can see it at http://www.lhaviation.com/site_frame/bases_marges/index.htm. I started this model to see if I could use the background images to model from a three-view drawing.

- I am not planning to add more detail. One of the reasons I have chosen this aircraft is because it is relatively easy to model. In reality it is made of composites, just like a glider. Again, have a look at the website for more details.

By the way, I am in no way connected to LH-aviation. I am just very enthousiastic about its shape.

Yours sincerely,

Ray.

(Today I started modelling a concept car, I have attached some images. It is roughly based on an image I found on the internet, so again it is not my own design)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
373.6 In reply to 373.5 
Very nice models Ray! I'm glad you're getting some use out of the new background images!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
373.7 In reply to 373.1 
Really nice I like it!
  Reply Reply More Options