Anyone have a V1 .edu license they're willing (and able) to sell?

Next
An acquaintance gave me his MOI v1 licence since he never used it anymore. He said he thought it was an EDU license, so I went to studica and bought the V2 EDU upgrade (yes, I am a student).

But apparently it's not an EDU license, which appears to be what the program is looking for when launching for the first time and asking for serials - it doesn't accept the V1 license #.

Studica hasn't responded to my emails about an exchange for the full EDU version, but I did find their returns page stating they don't do returns for download software.

So it looks like I'm out the $50 on the misunderstanding. But before I bite the bullet and pay another $100 for a non upgrade edu lic, I thought I'd ask if anyone knew of a V1 edu license number I could buy for cheap.

Or alternatively, if anyone wanted to buy my V2 EDU upgrade license (like new condition!)

If transferring licenses is not allowed please accept my apologies and feel free to delete.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3715.2 In reply to 3715.1 
Hi archie - unlike a regular full license, the EDU discounted licenses can't be transferred, that's the only restriction or difference between them and a regular license (there is no restriction on how you _use_ the EDU license though, like it's not for "non commercial use only" like some kinds of EDU licenses are).

> He said he thought it was an EDU license

An EDU license will actually be marked in the license key itself, it will say VER1EDU at the start of the license key.

But it is not required to have a v1 EDU license for the v2 upgrade, any valid v1 license should work fine.

Please e-mail me at moi@moi3d.com and include your v1 license key so I can take a look and see why it might not be accepted. One thing that would prevent it from working is if it was actually the v1 key that was pirated and distributed on the internet - that one is not valid for upgrading from. Other than that any v1 key is supposed to work.

If you can please send me the license key in e-mail I can give you more details.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3715.3 In reply to 3715.2 
>An EDU license will actually be marked in the license key itself, it will say VER1EDU at the start of the license key.

if I'm correct in assuming that all MOI keys start out with either VER1 or VER2, then what I have isn't a MOI key at all (it's 5 groups of 5 chars). hmmm. I can send the key but it looks like it goes to entirely different software.

I've got an email out to the source, but I'm getting rather tired of trying to hunt this down (first a forum buddy, then studica, then here, now back to the start...)

is there any way to officially acquire a V1 EDU license or has that time passed?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3715.4 In reply to 3715.3 
Hi archie,

> if I'm correct in assuming that all MOI keys start out with
> either VER1 or VER2, then what I have isn't a MOI key at
> all (it's 5 groups of 5 chars).

Yes, that's correct - all MoI keys will start with VER1 or VER2 (possibly with some additional letters like VER1EDU or VER2UPG), then followed by 4 groups of 5 characters per group, like: VER1EDU-XXXXX-YYYYY-ZZZZZ-WWWWW

So if it doesn't start with VER1 or VER2 then yeah it's not a MoI key at all.

> is there any way to officially acquire a V1 EDU
> license or has that time passed?

There isn't any regular way to order the v1 EDU version anymore because that was handled by Studica and they don't have it on their order page anymore.

But if you send me an e-mail (moi@moi3d.com) with your v2 key in it, I'll see what I can put together for you.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All