problems selecting curves or lines in V2

Next
Hello,

i have just installed Moi3d v2 on windows 7 64 and have problems selecting curves and lines.
it seems that the cursor is off concerning these selections, when i framepick it works as expected though. (meaning as soon as the frame covers the whole line it is selected)
moving over a curve with the mouse pointer does not highlight it and clicking on it does not select it. sometimes when i click somewhere else it is selected.

in v1 or the latest beta i have not had this behavior, but these were not installed on this pc with windows7 running. they were installed on a winXP system.
is this a known problem ?

cheers
michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3697.2 In reply to 3697.1 
i have just installed and tested moi2 on my winXP system and everything works normally there.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3697.3 In reply to 3697.2 
solids and surfaces are highlighted and selected normally. (on the system where i have the problems)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I have MoI V2 on Win7 64 running with no problems with selection.

What graphics card/drivers are on the win7 64 system?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3697.5 In reply to 3697.1 
Hi michael, this is probably caused by turning on anti-aliasing at the driver level.

MoI uses some calculations using the video card to do some selection stuff, and if the video card forces anti-aliasing to happen during these steps involving selection it can mess things up.

Please go to your video driver settings and see if turning off anti-aliasing there (the setting is often times called "application controlled" or something like that for it not to be forced on) solves the problem or not.

Often times you can have different settings in there for individual programs, and if your driver has that you can set just moi.exe to be "application controlled".

Please let me know if that does not solve the problem or if you have any difficulty locating the anti-aliasing settings in the driver.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3697.6 In reply to 3697.5 
thanks for your support.
is has definitely to do with the graphic card settings.
when i switch to per application settings it works fine. (unfortunatly there is no option to save these settings for specific applications)

the graphic card is a ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT and part of a MacPro where i run windows7 on.
the card has also caused some trouble in another 3d app (bonzai3d) and i have yet to find good settings where everything works fine and i have good AA.
maybe it is a macpro related problem. (as their cards might be a little different than the normal pc versions)

EDITED: 28 Jul 2010 by BIGK

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All